He charged at her at an incomprehensible speed and tightly gripped her wrists. His strength was overpowering hers as he pushed her onto an empty table.

"No!" The hitman shrieked, attempting to break free.

Without another word, the man pushed the table into the cold locker, locking her in. She was surrounded by darkness, the freezing temperature slowing her heartbeat with each passing second as she tried to break free.

"Yeji... Yeji..." Ryujin repeated out loud like a mantra that could save her. The low temperature caused her to slip into unconsciousness.

"Yeji!" Ryujin gasped out, bolting upright on the bed.

She found herself in her hospital bed, the place deserted with no signs of life. There was no escape.

-

-

-

Her unconscious form lay on the hospital bed, Yeji and Yuna peering through the window with their worried eyes fixed on her. The sterile room was quiet, broken only by the soft beeping of medical equipment. Behind them, Lia and Chaeryeong spoke to the doctors, seeking answers and updates on Ryujin's condition.

Yeji's hand rested on Yuna's back, rubbing her tenderly with her eyes red from crying.

The medical students returned with newly obtained information. Yuna and Yeji turned around, hoping for some good news.

"The doctor said that they need to run some tests to make sure there was no internal damage." Lia said softly, placing a hand on Yeji's shoulder.

"They also said that Ryujin is lucky to be alive." Chaeryeong peeked through the window, observing her best friend's injured body. "Broken leg and a bunch of scrapes and bruises."

Yeji nodded, her gaze returning back to her girlfriend, "Is she going to be okay?"

"Of course she is, Yeji." The med student gave her a soft smile, "She's like a cockroach, no matter how many times you try to kill her, she'll always survive."

The cat-eyed woman chuckled lightly through her tears, "She's stubborn. She wouldn't let death take her."

A team of doctors announced to the group that they would be taking Ryujin in for some tests and directed them out to the waiting room. As they waited in the tense silence, all the scenarios of how severe the hitman's condition was had a tight hold on Yeji's mind.

Her thoughts ceased as the sound of footsteps approached the room. The group stood up, anxious over Ryujin's status. A doctor entered with a clipboard in hand, giving a kind smile to the group.

"I am Doctor Jang Yoonbok, Ryujin's doctor." She said in a calm tone, "May I ask what your relations are with her?"

"Lia and I are her friends, Yuna is her younger sister." Chaeryeong replied softly.

The doctor nodded in acknowledgement and faced the photographer, "And you are?"

"Her girlfriend." Yeji croaked out, trying to hold back her tears.

"Ah, okay." She reached out and gave her arm a reassuring squeeze, "Ryujin's injuries are thankfully not as severe as most cases of hit and runs." The doctor began, her voice gentle as she looked at all of the women. "There is no internal bleed and no serious damage to her spine, only contusion in the area."

The group let out a collective sigh, relieved that she wasn't seriously hurt.

"It would definitely take some time for Ryujin to recover from her injuries so we're going to keep her under observation for a while longer, but it seems like she's going to be okay." Yoonbok smiled as she looked up from her clipboard.