"You haven't been studying, you've been gone during the night, and every day you don't have classes you're off doing God knows what. So yes, I got someone to watch after you." He says casually, taking a bite of his sandwich.

Him not acknowledging my anger is only making me more angry. "I am twenty one years old! Let me live my own life! You never did this to Avery or Nick!"

At this he puts down his food and stands up, "Because Avery and Nick are different!" He yells at me. "You have never been like them." he spits the last part.

I am completely taken aback from his words. I have always known he thought this, but hearing him say it is a new type of pain. 

"And don't think I don't know you are running around with Aaron Hendrix. Good thing he's with Avery right now." He says, and I freeze.

"Did you not know they have been seeing each other?" He laughs at my reaction to his words. 

My chest tightens at this, and I don't know if he is saying this to mess with me more or if it's true. No way Ronny has been seeing Avery. Right?

"Don't be sad, I'm sure you'll find a nice guy eventually. In fact, I will set up a date for you and Marcus next week. You can make up for the other night."

Tears are in my eyes now from both anger and being upset. "I am not going out with him." I say, but if comes out as a huff like I am a whiney child. I hate it. I hate feeling so weak and powerless every time I talk to him. 

"You will do as I fucking tell you to!" Papa screams at me. He is coming closer to me and I start to shake until we hear the front door open and voices from down the hall.

"Don't worry, she is still at school." Avery's voice says to someone. "I had so much fun tonight." her voice is oddly high pitched, much more than usual.

How it was when Aaron had come over for dinner.

"Ok." A voice says. 

When I hear his voice it feels like my heart stops, "Same time next week?" Avery asks, then there is silence where I bet he nods or something like he always does. "Bye Ronny!" Avery says, then the door shuts.

Ronny?

A tear falls from my eye at everything that just happened in front of me, and I feel completely betrayed and stupid. Did I really think Ronny picked me over my sister? My actual super-model sister?! 

I feel hurt and betrayed, but above all confused. 

Aaron knows how I feel about my sister...and I thought he hadn't been attracted to her like that. 

Idiot, Adelina how could a guy not be attracted to her like that. She is perfect. 

But when I saw them interact he looked repulsed by her. Did his feelings change? Why wouldn't he at least tell me? Is he planning on telling me? Or was he using me? 

My heart feels like it has been ripped out of my chest, and the past few weeks with Aaron replay in my mind as I desperately search for any signs he had liked Avery. 

Avery walks into the kitchen with a smirk on her face, "Oh hey Lina. Ronny just left." Her use of my nickname for him makes me want to punch her, but I don't. She didn't just go out with him and call him nicknames, he went out with her and let her call him my nickname.

"Adelina, be happy for your sister." Papa tells me. When I look to him he is beaming with pride over Avery, and even gives her a hug. "I knew you two were perfect for each other the second you met at dinner!"

Unable to listen to them any longer, I run upstairs to my room and lock the door behind me, my breathing out of control.

So much just happened in mere minutes, and now I don't know what to do. I don't want to believe that Ronny has been seeing my sister, but why else would he have been dropping her off?

I look to my phone and see a missed call from him. I scoff at that, tossing my phone on the dresser and flopping on my bed.

Maybe I should just ask Ron what he was doing with her. After all, my family are not the most trustworthy of people. I lay in my bed for a little while, my mind feeling like it is going to explode when I hear tapping on my bedroom window.

I sit up extremely fast, since my bedroom is on the second floor of my house, and look to see Aaron.

-------

Aaron Hendrix

Climbing through a girls bedroom window is something I never in a million years thought I would be doing.

I feel like a damn high school kid.

When she opens the window up, I can instantly tell she looks upset. Reasonably so.

"What are you doing?" She asks, extremely confused with me showing up at her window. To be honest, I don't even know what I'm doing.

She steps back so I can climb into her room, "You didn't answer my call." I say, ignoring how psychopathic this situation may sound.

Guy gets ghosted and climbs into someones window. 

"I know you saw me and Avery." I say, "We need to talk." I tell her.

"No we don't. Do what you want okay? It's none of my business." She says to me, the hurt obvious in her voice.

Fuck.

"Addie," I start, but she cuts me off. "Why did you have to go with her?" Her voice cracks, "Out of everyone. You know how I feel about her--why her?" Her eyes are teary and I hate myself for making her feel this way.  

"For you." I say, clearly catching her off guard. "Your father came to me saying he knew we were together." I tell her, watching as confusion fills her brown eyes. "He said to go out with Avery, just twice, and if I still choose you he'd leave us alone."

I admit, I shouldn't have played dumb fucking games with her dad, but what could I do? Say no and have Addie's dad forever disapprove of us? I don't give a damn about his opinion, but she does.

I can tell when she talks about her grades or her family that she cares. Even if they don't deserve it, she wants their approval and she wants them to love her.

I couldn't let her relationship with him suffer because I refused to sit through two miserable dinners with Allison or whatever the fuck her sisters name is.

"I don't understand..." She looks up at me, "We aren't even together, why would you--

"Addie," I cut her off this time, stepping closer to her and lifting chin a little bit so our faces are closer, "Those two dinners with your sister were the most miserable things I have ever had to do." I tell her, "But I sat through them so that when I ask you this, your father can't say shit."

I pause for a second, knowing this is not at all how I planned on asking her this, but what the hell.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

1621 words