"I stopped thinking that a while ago."

"Good." He held up his guitar, positioning his fingers on some strings. "I've been practicing this more since the last time you came and..." I could feel my face heat up.

"Thanks for the reminder." I said, trying hard to end this stupid blush. He just chuckled.

"Anytime."

"Literally." I mumbled.

"Anyways, as I was saying, I've been practicing a lot since you came and I think I've gotten pretty good. Now I need a judge."

"And you couldn't ask Chris or Lila?"

"It's cause of you that I carried on with this, so it only makes sense if you're the first one I show off to."

"I'm flattered." I said, only half joking.

He gave me a look that could've made me melt at the spot, before he began strumming a few chords like a practice, before playing a song I recognized. I hummed to it till he finished. No mistakes.

"Let me guess, you somehow found out I used to love Gravity Falls like the spy you are."

"Something like that...so how was it?"

"Perfect."

"Perfect?"

"You made no mistakes."

He grinned widely, like the fact I thought it was perfect meant the world to him. It put a smile on my face. My mere opinion meant something to someone. Someone like Xavier.

"You really think so?"

"Of course."

"Maybe I should enter competitions..."

"You only just played gravity falls."

"Maybe I should start writing songs!"

"Xavier-"

"You could even sing them."

"It's nice to see you planning ahead." I laughed. "But what makes you think I'll sing publicly? You only heard me sing because you threatened me."

"I didn't threaten you... I just said I'll tell everyone you had a crush on Jace Norman."

"Which I did not!"

"Your diary says otherwise." He smirked.

"But I don't even have a diary!" He placed his index finger on my lips.

"Shush Butterfly, I don't want anyone else coming here."

I took his hand that was held up to my face, and laced our fingers together.He looked surprised. I don't blame him, because I never do this. It's always him to hold my hand, but look at me now. It's a small gesture, but it means a lot to me.

Maybe it's the fact I just found out my opinion means a lot to him, maybe it's just how giddy I'm feeling on the inside because of this whole date, maybe it's because he looks so hot right now, but here I am

I looked away, blushing as he grinned at me.

"Why's that?" I asked, after trying to remember what we were talking about. Luckily it was successful, I so didn't want to ask that.

"Maybe I just like it when it's just you and me."

The blush I thought was gone, returned. Why can't he just say something normal?! Why did he always have to make me feel all warm inside?!

"Me too." I found myself saying. He squeezed my hand.

I looked away towards the sun. The whole thing looked so beautiful. So beautiful that I wished I could copy it in my mind and get back home and recreate it on paper. The sun looked like it would set any minute now, and I'm sure people are starting to leave.