Prisoner of the Dark Pt.2

Start from the beginning

But unlike the other two, who eventually snuck away by the time they were ten, Beatrix was kidnapped by a group of anti-witch thugs and abused to the point of death. Her presumed corpse had been dumped in the middle of a pack of Marc Wolves to be disposed of, with none wiser.

Beatrix stubbornly clung to life, slowly healing and awakening in the Dark Forest, the only area of Linphea to be incurable, despite many attempts. She found herself surrounded by hungry, starving wolves, but although she was only nine, she bared her teeth and stood her ground, lightning crackling around her.

Instead of killing her, the Marc Wolf pack adopted her as one of their own, raising her until it was time for her to go to Cloud Tower at sixteen.

She had adopted much of their ways. She could Wolf-speak, and her periods came in heats, her magic likely altering her to fit in. Her hair was wilder, and her magic was more...ferocious. She was aggressive and animalistic when pushed too far, and because she hadn't spent as many years on the streets as her sisters, her intelligence had taken a hit.

Being an animal meant that you needed limited intelligence to survive, especially among a pack of predators.

Beatrix had risen in her pack to be given alpha status before she was discovered and taken back to Magix, but never forgot the lessons of the hunt. Of prey and predator. Of a savage, enraged nature.

D'arcy sighed, pulling her head out from her pillow. "After this weekend, we'll enact our plans."

"After one last humiliating detention," Isobel muttered.

Somehow, they had been caught roaming out after hours.

Isobel suspected that foul play was involved because it was no coincidence that five witches all happened to be patrolling the same sector of Cloud Tower by the laboratories, especially when she knew that only two witches patrolled the area at any time.

Griffin had acted as though they were on the bottom of her shoes by this point, but Isobel had already written Griffin off. It's not like the old bint had a clue that they'd managed to ransack her office two days prior.

Her anger only grew when she learned that every time they passed through a doorway, they were tagged with tracking spells.

D'arcy recognized it for what it was: a test. One that they had clearly failed.

'It's all her fault!' Isobel thought sourly, frost creeping around her blankets, making them hard and unyielding. She was too furious to notice, her magic whirling around her as she brooded on the subject of a cyan-blue-eyed fire fairy. 

If that stupid redhead had never shown up, Knut could've brought them their scepter before the school year started. They could've summoned their army, and taken over Magix within the first week of school, catching everyone off-guard.

But no, they couldn't. Because a meddling Earth fairy had to stick her nose in places where it didn't belong.

She sucked in a hiss of air, blowing it out as an icy gale as she tried to rein in her anger. There were only so many times that Knut could be around to clean up their tantrums, and he was currently out gathering potion ingredients for a strengthening ritual that they couldn't, do since they were confined to their room at curfew.

Stupid curfew.

"It's not all bad." Beatrix pointed out. "Griffin has given us the highest vantage point. We'll be able to decide the most tactical places to raise the Army of Decay around the schools, and Magix City."