Chapter -8

Topic - Reunion for the one who remembers

"Hey, Bart, let's get moving," Yami's voice brimmed with annoyance, his gaze piercing through the stares of onlookers. Asta stood beside him, observing the scene with keen interest. Finral was being treated more like a transport vehicle than a magic knight at this moment, and it didn't sit well with Asta.

"What are you waiting for, captain?" Asta urged, feeling a surge of impatience. With a decisive push, Yami propelled Asta forward as they passed through the portal to the Black Bull hideout.

As Asta stood at the threshold of the Black Bull headquarters, his heart raced with a mixture of excitement and apprehension. He had heard countless rumors about the unruly squad and their eccentric captain, Yami Sukehiro. However, for Asta, rumors held little weight compared to his own experience and the time he spent with them.

Upon entering the headquarters, Asta was met with a chaotic yet strangely welcoming atmosphere. The interior buzzed with activity, Black Bulls members engaged in various tasks or simply lounged around. Despite the disorder, there was an undeniable sense of camaraderie among the squadmates.

Asta's gaze swept across the room, taking in the diverse assortment of individuals that made up the Black Bulls. From the mischievous smirk of Luck Voltia to the enigmatic aura of Vanessa Enoteca, each member exuded their own unique presence.

But it was the sight of their captain, Yami Sukehiro, that truly captivated Asta's attention. Clad in his signature black cloak, Yami stood at the center of the room with an air of rugged confidence.

"So, you're ready, newbie, huh?" Yami's voice cut through the chatter, his tone a mixture of amusement and scrutiny. Asta nodded eagerly, meeting Yami's gaze with determination.

"I'm ready for anything, Captain," Asta declared, his resolve unwavering. Yami chuckled, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips.

"We'll see about that," Yami remarked cryptically, his eyes gleaming with anticipation. "Welcome to the Black Bulls, kid. Now, let's see what you're made of."

With those words, Asta stepped inside, but before he could fully process the scene, a deafening explosion rocked the room. Instinctively, Asta dodged to the side, narrowly avoiding the blast, but the force of it caused the walls and gates to be blasted away.

In that instant, Asta knew what was coming. Yami had reached his limit. "Everyone, pay attention!" Yami's voice thundered, cutting through the chaos. The Black Bulls snapped to attention in their own unique ways.

Charmy, unfazed by the explosion, continued to feed a cake to Yami, her eyes gleaming with delight. Luck, grinning from ear to ear, eagerly asked for a fight, his excitement palpable. Vanessa, her gaze fixed on Yami with a playful smirk, flirted shamelessly, her words dripping with innuendo.

Despite the chaos and destruction surrounding them, there was an undeniable sense of camaraderie among the Black Bulls. They may not express it in conventional ways, but they were a family, bound together by their shared experiences and unwavering loyalty to their captain.

As Asta stepped forward, Yami introduced him as the newbie to the rest of the Black Bulls. "Get along with this, Bart," Yami ordered, his tone leaving no room for argument.

As soon as Yami finished speaking, a cacophony of questions and chatter erupted from the entire group. However, it was Magna's voice that stood out the most. "We can't just accept you without a test," he declared, a mischievous grin spreading across his face.

Asta's heart skipped a beat. He remembered the test all too well from his previous encounters with the Black Bulls. But this time, things were different. He couldn't rely on his anti-magic abilities, and with Liebe in hibernation, using multiple types of magic could potentially reveal his demon form.