The carriage continued to head south.

Apart from occasionally stopping at towns to replenish their supplies and food, they would rather sleep in the wilderness than rest in an inn.

It felt like their guards were escorting them as prisoners rather than protecting them.

This went on for five days.

The carriage was hot and stuffy, and there was no way to rest properly.

Madam Li and Song Jingchen, who had yet to recover, were both tormented.

Song Jingchen’s fever repeatedly flared up.

Shen Yijia was anxious, but she knew she could not beat these guards up. She endured it a few times until her firsts turned red.

She could only dilute the spiritual liquid in water for everyone to drink. While worrying about them, her heart also ached for the spiritual liquid.

On the sixth night, the carriage once again stopped in the middle of nowhere.

Madam Li got out of the car with the two children to take a breather. Shen Yijia carried Song Jingchen out of the car as she usually did.

After being carried a few times, Song Jingchen was nearly immune to Shen Yijia’s behavior.

But this time, he stopped her and said weakly, “Let Uncle Yang in.”

“Oh.” Shen Yijia got out of the car and called Uncle Yang over.

“Sister-in-law, Mom asked me to give it to you!” As soon as they got off the carriage, Brother Hao handed her a biscuit.

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 22: ENCOUNTERING BANDITS

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:The Sickly Scion's Petite Wife Is Sweet And Cool
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:Tiny Little Small Bottle

𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

° ° °

From the time Shen Yijia hugged him to sleep, Brother Hao had clearly become closer to Shen Yijia.

Every time he saw that Shen Yijia could carry his big brother, he would look at her in admiration.

On the other hand, Sister Huan was still a little shy, but she often glanced at her secretly.

If she was discovered, she would shrink into Madam Li’s arms again. Shen Yijia often teased her like this and had a lot of fun along the way.

“Thank you, Brother Hao!” Shen Yijia took a bite of the pastry.

The food was sent by Emperor Chong’an’s subordinates.

After all, apart from a few clothes, they were penniless.

Shen Yijia had more than a hundred taels, but she couldn’t buy anything at the moment.

They traveled nonstop, and they only had time to buy food whenever the carriage stopped.

Shen Yijia was depressed for a long time.

At this point, she didn’t know that she could bribe the guards. Otherwise, she wouldn’t be so conflicted.

After eating, she saw Uncle Yang get out of the carriage and enter the forest alone.

The officers didn’t stop him. After all, everyone had to relieve themselves at some point. They were used to it.

Besides, Uncle Yang was not under their jurisdiction.