Chapter 47: Storm Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Self defense. Gets both of you off scotch free," Angela says, kneeling on the chair next to Alex, resting her arms on the top of it.

"All right, you gotta go. Go," Alex tells Jo. 

Angela shakes her head, "No, she's gotta stay and explain to the police what happened."

Alex disagrees, "No, nobody does anything until we see how Peckwell is. Look, go home. Don't let anyone see you. You three don't say a word to anybody until we know exactly what's going on. Understand?"

"Of course, when a crime happens, that's when you take charge," Angela sighs.

The door opens as Edwards walks in and sees Jo, "Hey. Are you okay?"

Cristina starts walking to Edwards, "She's okay. You never saw her. What?"

"I have Paul Dawson's CT angio results."

"Great."

Angela starts walking past Alex, Jo and Meredith, turning to her brother, "Don't do anything stupid to try and be the hero."

♤♤♤♤

Running out with the rest of the hospital staff, Angela holds Everett as she was just taking a break to spend some time with them. They laugh at the over-the-top dance number happening in front of them for April. 

Angela dances a little with Everett next to Alex as he says, "Who would have thought Kepner would find someone as dorky as she is?"

"Life is truly a trip. But this is sweet," Angela smiles, cheering and clapping with everyone else as the song and dance end.

Jackson comes up next to Angela, taking Everett as Matthew starts talking, "Uh, April, I know that this seems crazy.."

"This is totally crazy," She laughs, "What?"

"And to some, sudden. But when I know something, I know it. When I first saw you standing in this doorway...I felt a shock. And, uh, and I thought...this is the most beautiful person that I've ever seen. And then I thought....yeah, well, no, I-I knew...that I was gonna fall in love with you. And I have never been so happy knowing something in my entire life."

His partner, Nicole, hands over a ring box as April says, "Oh, my God! Oh, my God!" 

He kneels down, "April Kepner....I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life trying to make you as happy as you make me...if you'll let me. Will you marry me?"

"Yes," She says, causing everyone to cheer and the dancers to throw flower petals over them.

Angela smiles, looking back to Jackson who looks like he is smiling through pain. She takes Everett's hand, using it to poke Jackson's nose. He looks down at Everett, making faces at him while smiling at the little giggle he makes.

♤♤♤♤

Walking with Everett through the halls, Angela sees Bailey sitting at the desk as she makes paper copies, "Bailey? Why aren't you operating?"

"Because these charts need to be printed for the patients-" Bailey starts to excuse.

"And there are dozens of people who's jobs are to do paperwork. It is your job to be a surgeon. It's time to face it, Bailey, you are cleared. We want you operating and this whole pity party you are having for yourself, is unacceptable," Angela tells her, rocking Everett when his head lays down on her shoulder, "I need you in surgery, Bailey. You were fighting for this hospital to stay open so you can save patients, so save patients."

♤♤♤♤

Laying in an on-call room, Angela reads over charts as Everett rests on her chest. Technically, she's supposed to be off-duty, but with the storm, Owen has asked her to stay put in case of an emergency. 

As she's reading, thunder sounds and the lights flicker. Everett wakes up, crying as Jackson walks into the room.

"Oh, Ev, buddy, come here," Jackson comes over, taking Everett to rock him, "So....April's engaged."

"Don't sound so excited. It's only your best friend. Your former sex friend," Angela teases, sitting up a little bit, "Look, you can't really be that upset considering your dating Edwards."

"Can you just let me hang out with my godson that you are about to take away from me and drag him half-way around the world?" Jackson dodges her comment.

"You are so dramatic. You have a private jet that you can take to visit us at any time. Plus, April's wedding will keep you super busy anyways."

Jackson glares at her slightly as she just smirks and waves before turning back to the charts.

♤♤♤♤

AN: Not my best work, but it is an update none the less. 

I think Angela and Everett will have two more episodes in Seattle before they move to Germany. They'll come back for a couple episodes in Seasons 10 and 11 like the one about Mr. Karev's surgery/death, Cristina leaving and probably Derek's death. 

QoC: Who do you think is gonna keep Angela the most update on what's happening in Seattle?

Thank you for all of your votes and reads and comments!!