Chapter 1: Home

♤Season 7, Episode 17♤

Angela sighs as she starts her rental car. Over a decade in the army and she is finally going to see her brother again. Last year, when she was on leave, she managed to go home and check on her mom and younger siblings and find out where Alex was.

She thinks back on her time in the army. A decade is a long time to devote one's life to something she only expected to do for a couple years. The hardest part was leaving her siblings behind. Alex was only 14, too young to have to deal with their mother by himself while also taking care of Aaron and Amber. When she visited her youngest siblings, they weren't mad that she left. Alex will probably be a different story.

So lost in thought, Angela has barely enough time to step on the breaks before she could hit the truck stopped in the middle of the road. She slams her door shut as she gets out to yell at the driver.

However, before she is able to yell, she sees a blonde woman, crying and bleeding while she stares at her car. Moving further forward, Angela gasps as she sees another woman laying on the hood of the car in a hole that was once the windshield.

"Ma'am, did you call for an ambulance?" Angela approaches the blonde woman.

"Y-yes."

"Okay, I'm a surgeon. I can help," Angela reassures her before approaching the car.

The woman tells her, "She's pregnant."

Angela sees that the woman's eyes are open and she's breathing, "Hi. I'm Major Angela Karev. I'm here to help. I'm gonna help you and your baby as much as I can."

Season 7, Episode 18♡

"Hey, you still with me? Good. How much further?!" Angela yells as she sits in the ambulance across from the blonde woman, who she learned is named Arizona.

"Two minutes!"

"Make it a minute! I don't know the extent of her injuries and I won't be able to until she's in a trauma room. Speed it up!" Angela yells.

"You're pushy."

Angela chuckles, "I worked in the army, a big boys club, I learned to be pushy. Plus, being the eldest of four kids comes with some leadership advantages."

The paramedic pulls the ambulance to a stop, "We're here. Seattle Grace Mercy West."

Oh, what a way to reunite with her brother. The doors open and she immediately starts giving stats.

"Tachycardic and hypotensive en route. Obvious head and chest injuries. Glass-"

"Angie?" She hears his voice.

"Owen?"

"A?"

"T?"

"Anglea."

She smiles shyly, "Hey, Alex."

A man with sandy blonde hair yells, "Hows Callie? And the baby?"

Refocusing, Angela checks over Callie, "She's hemorrhaging! You got it, Owen?"

"Yeah. I got her," he nods.