CHAPTER TWO, two in a million

Start from the beginning

"So, what's the plot of this movie, you ask?" Lucas chimed in.

"We didn't, but I was going to." Ashlyn admitted with a wide smile.

Lucas smiles, pointing at her. "Okay. It is our fifteen year high school reunion." Corbin explains. "My character, Chad, is married to Taylor." He smiles and everyone gasps as he and Mo held hands. "Martha is a world-class choreographer."

"Now, Troy and Gabriella had a lot of ups and downs at first," Zac speaks up, but he smiles as he side hugs Vanessa, who shares a smile with him. "But, of course, everything works out for them."

"Yeah, it wouldn't be the same without Troy and Gabriella being together." Vanessa smiled.

"Ryan is happily partnered." Corbin continued.

"With twins on the way." Lucas added and some of the students awed and even clapped a bit.

"As for our fabulous Sharpay," Ashley speaks up with a smile. "She got married to Peyton and they've been travelling the world as he does photography."

"Wait, hold up, the guy who's in the Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure?" Ophelia gasps excitedly. "Are you telling me Austin Butler is gonna be here?"

"I sure am, girl." Ashley grinned.

"Stop it, I'm gonna faint." Ophelia muttered, the smile never leaving her face as some of the others chuckled and even Ashlyn and Gina playfully started fanning her.

"And the future of the East High Drama Department is on the line." Mo explained.

Miss Jenn furrows her eyebrows. "So it's a horror film?"

Corbin and Mo laughs. "No, not at all, Jessica. The real hook of this movie is that Miss Darbus is retiring." Corbin said. "So the next generation of theater kids is absolutely freaking out."

"Rightfully so." Ophelia nodded. She wouldn't blame them. She would freak out if Miss Jenn would retire.

"So it's a comedy." Ashlyn guessed.

"We need you to be featured extras." Lucas informed the group, causing them all to gasp.

Corbin smiles. "Front and center in every scene with Miss Darbus."

"I mean, what better way to cast a drama class then with real drama students?" Mo asked, gesturing to the group of teens.

"Wait, is Alyson Reed in this movie?" Ashlyn inquires. "Cassie in the 'A Chorus Line' movie." She said after some of the others looked confused. "The original Miss Darbus, you guys."

Everyone nods in realization. "Alyson is in," Corbin chuckles. "A hundred percent. She still has her original costumes."

"Ooh," Mo grins. "And her wigs."

Carlos' eyes widen. "That was a wig. Okay, I'm obsessed with Hollywood."

"Um, excuse me," Kourtney chimes in, raising her hand before lowering it. "If we're going for authenticity here, then I think that Mack and Dani should consult us. The real life kids at East High."

"Ooh, I love the integrity of that." Corbin nodded.

"Me too." Vanessa agreed with a smile.

"Great idea." Mo commented.

"Yeah, great. You can cover Dani. Any volunteers to show Mack around?" Lucas asked.

"Right, like somebody who grew up loving his TV show." Ashlyn nods, pointing at Ophelia with a grin. "I'm sure Ophelia, here, would love to. I mean, she did kiss a cardboard cutout of him every night."