Chapter 58- Helping an enemy

Start from the beginning

"Look at that tripling idiot." Stormy mocked.

"Hey, Stormy." Darcy said smirking. "What do you say we play with his head a little bit. Just for laughs."

They laugh and Darcy casts some kind of spell on him abefore they went away. But Ruby stays behind and watches as Riven speaks with his own monster. A giant creature stood before him, towering and mimicking his every movement making it seem as if Riven was looking at a mirror. Trying to believe the monster was just and ilusion, the Specialist touched it and it was very real.

That's the phoenix power. My magic.

Riven falls back in fear and stares deeply into the creature's eyes.

"Alright big boy. I have no way of defending myself against you, but I won't panic." Said the scared Specialist. "I won't go down so easily, you know? There are many things I don't like about myself, but I'm far from being a monster ok? I have a heart and even though I can't be sure they'll ever be able to forgive me for all the things I've said and done,  I have a few friends too. And even though we had our differences, I just hope Ruby was able to run out of here safe and sound. That's the only thing I want."

Ruby had tears going down her face once the boy was done with his speech and she had to restraint a sob from coming out. In that whole year Riven and her had done nothing but fight, argue and hate on each other but, somehow, he was still worried about her. He tried to save her and he was now thinking of her safety. He isn't the idiot Ruby thought he was, he was a good man that had his own issues but, who doesn't?

She raised her hands to her hair and took out a bobby pin from it. She dropped it on the floor gaining Riven's attention. They shared a look with each other and they didn't need to say anything for them to know what just happened. Whatever childish war they were having was officially done.

The redhead walked away cleaning her tears. She was so distracted that she bumped into someone.

"Hey, little one, what's going on?" Darcy asked cleaning Ruby's tears away. "Do you want to talk?"

"No, no I'm fine." The witch raised an eyebrow suspiciously. "I promise, I just remembered something but, it was a good thing. I'm not sad." Darcy nodded and kissed Ruby's forehead lovingly. "Now lets go, I have to take care of your eye."

Ruby grabbed the witch's hand and started dragging her up the stairs of the dungeon.

"I can take care of it on my own, honey." Darcy said chuckling.

"No, I'll do it, I was the one that hurt you." The witch chuckled again and let herself be taken to Griffin's office. "Now, sit on that chair while I go get ice. Do you know where Icy is?"

"She's busy on Cloud Tower's archive." Darcy answered sitting down on a chair with a smile. "But there's some in the kitchen."

"Right, the kitchen. I know where that is." Ruby mumbled, looking panicked which made Darcy laugh.

"One of the ghouls will lead you there."

"Garry at your service." Said the ghoul with a yellow collar who appeared suddenly behind Ruby startling her.

"Don't do that." 

The ghoul led Ruby towards the kitchen to get some ice and then back to the office and he never stopped talking. He always had something to say and ask.

"Did you know that killing spiders gives bad luck?"

"What's your favourite Trix? I won't tell."

"Is it cool to fly?"

"I'm surprised the fairies haven't lost yet."

"Are you going to stay here forever?"

After three agonizing hours, which were in fact three minutes, Ruby arrived at the office where Darcy was still sitting, looking at the cristal ball on the desk which was a mean of spying on the Fairies and Specialists.