Chapter 29- Red prints

Clearly, none of them heard Riven and simply stood there. They ran towards the sound of the creature to try and find it. Ruby, though, felt like something, or rather someone, was following them. She looked behind her severall times but saw no one. She only saw a light, which didn't exactly help her feel any better.

They went up some stairs looking for the monster but, they weren't having any luck.

"Nothing, uh, maybe it went away." Bloom said.

"Maybe it was just a wild animal, you know." Flora said.

"Or one of Prof. Wizgiz crazy creations." Musa suggested.

"I'd say it's a dirty laundry hamper creature." Stella joked.

"Let's try this way." Musa said at the end of the stairs and they turned right.

"Uh, guys I need to tell you something." Ruby whispered but, she couldn't say anything anymore since she went against Musa who had stopped. "What the hell?"

In front of both of them there was a wall which Musa went against.

"Wait a sec." Musa said stepping away along with Ruby. "There never used to be a wall in this corridor."

Suddenly the wall moved and they saw a big minotaur with four arms that roared at them, wetting them with its saliva.

"Ewww, this is totally disgusting." Stella yelled annoyed and started an angry staring match with the monster. "You are so gonna get it."

"That is not a good idea, Stella." Ruby told her.

"Yeah, we have no powers." Bloom agreed making Stella back away in fear.

"Nice monster." The blonde said while Bloom, Tecna, Flora and Musa all hugged each other shaking in fear and Ruby pulled Stella farther away from the monster. They all quickly started to run away, the minotaur chasing them.

They ran up some stairs and Ruby passed Flora who had fell but, quickly ran back to help her up along with Stella.

"Come on." The blonde said pulling Ruby and Flora with her.

The monster was slow due to its height and muscles but, it created a earthquake each step it took making it hard for the girls to run away proprely and eventually they fell to the ground making it easier for the monster to catch up with them.

Fuck, I wish I could use my powers.

It almost hit Tecna with its horns but, the nerd fairy jumped up and the horns got stuck in the wall, while she jumped off him.

"Look at him, he's struggling and sweating." Stella said approaching the monster, suddenly fearless. "He really stinks. This should help a little." The blonde fairy sprayed it with a perfume she had with her leaving it angrier.

"Great, Stella. You made him even more angry." Tecna celebrated sarcastically while the monster broke free from the wall.

They all ran away.

"I swear to God, Stella. If we get out of this alive I will murder you." Ruby threatened while running away.

"Fair enough." The blonde fairy said panicking.

Behind them, the monster was getting dangerously close to Musa so she, with the help of the walls did a back flip and pushed the monster down but, it quickly recovered so, even before she landed it punched her with both its right fists, sending her flying through the dark hallway. 

From the darkness, Riven emerged carrying her almost unconsious body, with an annoyed face.

"That's it, you beast. You asked for it." He said angrily, putting Musa down gently and walked towards it along with his friends. Ruby could see in Musa's eyes that she was falling for that idiot. "Girls, you can sit back and relax, we'll take care of it."