Chapter 2: Swept Her Off Her Feet

**Fiction Disclaimer:**
The following content is a work of fiction. Names, characters, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. The author's creative liberties have been taken to craft an engaging narrative that does not reflect reality. Reader discretion is advised.

Chapter 2: Swept Her Off Her Feet

"Leaaa! Nivvu nimma utavannu eke mugisilla? Nivu idannu agagge maduttiddiri". " Haan maaa"

Oh, I left my lunch half-conquered today. My mom was letting her vocal chords do their thing. You see, I've got this little tradition where I offer my lunch to the majestic dustbin before I'm home. But today, time slipped by, and I had this mighty writing task on my to-do list. So, I went turbo mode, rushed through everything, and guess what? I forgot the lunch fiasco entirely.

('Left and Right' song blasting, she's turning the scene into her personal concert)

"Adhu yava rithiya hadu? Parimanavannu kadime madi. Mattu haduvudannu nillisinillisi. Nimma dhvani thevaluvantide" ("What kind of a song is that? Stop singing")

(Dials down the volume, slams the door shut)

Well, my dear mother isn't exactly getting a front-row ticket to my private performance. She's asking me to tone it down and wrap up my serenade. Who can blame her? My voice has that 'jealousy-inducing' quality, you know? Even my buddies, and oh yes, Kevin too, say I've got some vocal magic going on. Hey and that reminds me of introducing ourselves. Hey there, I'm Lea Thomson. When all of this was unfolding, I was knee-deep in Engineering studies at St. Xavier's Institute of Technology, Chennai. Fast forward to now, I'm a software developer at an MNC. Now, let's talk about him—Kevin. He's an intriguing character, and I promise you'll learn more about his work later on. We both sailed through the same course in college. And that's a sneak peek into our world, for now.

Mrs. Grace, a loving mother, held her family's spiritual connection dear, especially concerning her son, Kevin. In the nurturing embrace of his family, Kevin found unwavering support and love. His aunt, who happened to be his mother's own sister, showered him with affection. Her visits were filled with laughter and warmth, making Kevin feel cherished.

Kevin was an impressive young man, recognized for his undeniable singing talent and his insatiable enthusiasm for extracurricular pursuits. His lively spirit served as a source of hope for his family, a testament to the kindness of God in their lives. However, this spirited nature also harbored a passionate side. Kevin and his closest companion, Joshua, were as tough as the hills that enveloped their town. They shared a quick temper and an unwavering loyalty to one another.

Despite their kind hearts, Kevin and Joshua's swift tempers often landed them in trouble. They would steadfastly support each other, defending their honor fervently when someone dared to malign them. These conflicts frequently escalated into physical altercations, causing concerns for their anxious parents.

One day during their physical education class, they found themselves embroiled in a heated dispute with students from the local government school while playing football at the corporation ground. The confrontation intensified into a full-blown fight. That ultimately led Kevin to get suspended from school classes.

Suspension didn't seem to perturb Kevin much, as the holidays were just around the corner. Nonetheless, his school principal believed it was high time for Kevin to acquire valuable life lessons and encouraged Mrs. Grace to enroll him in church classes at St. Cathedral's Church in Gopalapuram.

Did this fella attend church classes to pick up some wisdom, or was he just going to pick up.... Hmm... 😄

On his first time at St. Cathedral's Church, it looked like our main guy wasn't feeling too religious, especially on a Sunday morning. Nestled in a lovely city, a stunning church stands as a timeless work of art. Its Gothic spires reach toward the sky, decorated with delicate stone designs that shine in the sunlight. The front of the church is a harmony of intricate carvings and vibrant stained glass, telling a sacred story of David and Goliath. A path of cobblestones winds through a garden of colorful flowers, leading to grand wooden doors. Inside, sunlight bathes the cathedral's arched interior in a range of colors, creating a heavenly glow. Rows of finely crafted pews await in hushed reverence, facing an altar bathed in warm light. This church embodies both architectural beauty and spiritual holiness.