He then chuckled. "And to be quite fair it was clear since I've seen your case at the department."

I scoffed, trying to act innocent. "Oh, that little thing? Pfft."

Our conversation took a slightly more serious turn as Victor tried to offer some fatherly advice. "You know, Sienna, as you navigate through life, there's one thing I've learned. Always follow your heart and trust your instincts."

What the fuck?

I leaned back in my chair, a knowing smile on my face. "That's like the most classic and shitty advice ever. But thanks, I appreciate it."

Victor blushed slightly, realizing he might have gone a bit overboard with the cliche advice. "Well, you see, I'm still learning this whole 'dad' thing."

I burst into laughter, my amusement was undeniable. "Oh, come on. Did you get that from a self-help book or something?"

Victor playfully pretended to be offended, placing a hand over his heart. "Hey now, I'll have you know that advice is timeless!"

I couldn't contain my laughter. "Okay, okay, you're right. Thanks, old man."

"Old man?" Victor pretended to gasp, placing a hand on his chest in mock astonishment. "I'm not that old!"

I raised an eyebrow skeptically. "Says the guy who just gave me advice straight out of a 90s sitcom."

We both burst into laughter, the sound echoing through the house.

I felt a deep sense of gratitude for this newfound connection with my father. I bet our journey will be a blend of heartwarming moments, genuine conversations, and even some good-natured teasing.

I will cherish this moment for years to come – a reminder that even in the messiness of life and the challenges of missed years, love and understanding can find their way into the most unexpected corners of the heart.

☆ ☆ ☆

"You know I might like your dad better now," Kane admits

I raise an eyebrow as I look at him. "Not intimated by him being an officer anymore?"

"Hell yes, I am. But it's not that bad."

I chuckled. "Because he let you into the house knowing we would be alone?" I say with a smile.

"I mean....Now we got all the house to ourselves." He smirked cheekily. "You thinking what I'm thinking?" He asks, walking towards me and standing close enough so I can feel his body heat.

Damn, so we are playing this game, now huh?

Bring it on.

I grin and take a brave step towards him. "And what are you thinking? Because I for sure as hell have a lot of things on mind." I grin teasingly.

He smirks back. "Well, a little flirting never hurt nobody, right?" He asks with a smile while moving his head closer to mine.

I shake my head in amusement. "This is leading to something more than flirting, mister."

"Got me there." He grins. "What I had in mind was..." He says before stopping and lowering his voice so that only I could hear what he's saying..."A nice little kiss." He smiles.

"Is that all cool with you?" He asks with humor evident in his tone, bringing his lips close to mine.

I laughed.