It's official

Jude's room

"It's official then? We're going?", Connor asked uncertainly. Jude exhaled as he looked down at his feet "Yes", he answered, "Yeah, we're going". Connor's face lit up when he heard his boyfriend's words. They, as well as Callie, had been invited to attend an LGBTQ+ prom by Cole, a transguy who shared rooms with Callie in Girls United. There was still a week left until the event, but the couple was already talking about it and generally really looking forward to it. "So what are you going to wear?", Connor asked, "I mean it's got to be something extra special since it's our first prom and we're going as a couple so we need to match!". Connor's excitement made Jude smile, he wondered how he possibly could end up with a cutie like his boyfriend. "Not sure...", he began, "I don't know if anything I already own is fancy enough for the special occasion. But we're definitely wearing matching outfits".

Jude went over to his closet, opened the doors and looked at his small collection of suits. "What do think about this one?", he asked as he held up a light beigy/grey blazer, like the one he wore when he officially was adopted, although, that one was now way too small for him. "I'm going to be honest with you", Connor started, Jude was now a tiny bit scared for what his boyfriend was about to say. "Your outfit isn't really that important, as long as we're going, and I know that you are going to be the most handsome person ever, whatever you choose to wear", Connor stated, smiling shyly. Jude put back the blazer, walked over to Connor, who was sitting on Jude's bed, and pulled him into a hug, making both of them fall onto the bed. They laughed and Jude, with his ear against Connor's chest, listened to his heartbeat speed up. "So you wouldn't care if I went in a big, black garbage bag?", Jude asked teasingly and looked up at his boyfriend. Connor laughed, "Okay, that is where I draw the line. Those are made to hold trash, not beautiful creatures like you", he replied, with a smile on his face. His smile was contagious, making Jude smile too, "You're adorable, you know that right?", he said.