2. Even Odds Matter

After class

You went up to Sidney but there was no sight of Tatum. "Hey, where's Tate?" You asked her. "She was just here but I guess she had better plans" Sidney replied with a shrug. You nodded a bit but you sighed knowing that you literally wasted your break time coming over here, so you just walked away from Sid and headed down to your 2nd period. "Hey" Billy jogged beside you as you went down the stairs. "Oh, hey" you gave him a small smile. Billy raised his eyebrows with a small smile too. "So um...I wanted to talk to you?" He said.

"About what?" You said back. He looked at you as he took a bit of a deep breath, "I wanted-" "hey!" Tatum ran behind you. Billy turned his head and saw Tatum and his heart immediately dropped. You've gotta be fucking serious right now. "Tatum, where were you?" You asked her. "Um...this" she then took a piece of paper out of her backpack and Billy's eyes widened a bit as she handed it to you. You opened the letter.

"Blondes can't be this dumb to know that staying the fuck away from things that aren't theirs is probably the smartest thing to do."

You furrowed your eyebrows and looked at her. "Who wrote this...?" You asked her. Billy's heart began racing as he stared down at the letter hoping you wouldn't suspect a thing, same went for Tatum. "I don't know but when I find out, I'm slamming a binder across their filthy ass face" she replied in an angry tone. Tatum then took the letter out from your hand, "but y'know, assholes think that they're better than me, then that's fine. It's not like they'll ever get what they want" she said. Billy's eyes shifted up to Tatum, really now?

Tatum then looked at Billy, "oh, Sid's upstairs waiting for you at her locker upstairs" she said to him. Okay, so? What makes you think I give a fuck? I'm trying to talk to my girl without your disruption, bitch. "Oh...yeah, yeah, I know" he said back. "So...you gonna go see her or what?" She gave him a look. "Tatum, you don't even have any of your classes downstairs, why don't you go see her instead?" You turned to her and Billy looked at you with lovingly eyes after you defended him. "Yeah, I'm going now" she groaned as she rolled her eyes at you both before turning around and went back up the stairs.

"Thanks" Billy said. "Yeah. I really want to know who wrote that letter now" you said back. I did, for you. "Yeah..." he nodded "agreeing." It was true though, why would someone write or even say something like that to Tatum?

In 2nd period

You sat in the back of the room in the corner and Billy sat next to you. He actually had rearranged his seat next to yours by asking the teacher to let him sit beside you, same goes for the other classes you two had together. "Alright...you may complete these notes, I have to take a phone call" the teacher said as she went over to her desk. You and Billy had already finished writing down everything and you were just scribbling at the corner of your paper feeling bored. "Hey. Can I talk to you about what I wanted to say before class?" He whispered to you.

"Yeah" you whispered back as you looked at him. "So I-" "Y/n?" Casey Becker, the only class you two shared together was 2nd period. You weren't her friend, you two sometimes talked and yes, you did know who her boyfriend was, Steve Orth. The only guy you recall calling an asshole behind doors. You know that Casey use to date Stu but you weren't really sure on the full backstory, accusations...

Billy's eyes slowly shifted over to Casey as he felt himself getting annoyed by people interrupting you two. "Yes?" You turned to her. "I was wondering if you can maybe come over later to give me the notes from weeks ago" you raised an eyebrow. Of course it's because she's too busy sucking dick but really? Come to her house? You aren't even close to her. Billy's eyes widened at her question as he remembered his and Stu's plan...he was going to go murder Casey and Steve with Stu tonight. He didn't want you to witness that!

"So then why didn't you just do them?" You asked her. "I tried, the teacher never gives us time" bullshit. "Oh. Well, um...I guess. What's your address?" Billy's eyes widened more and he quickly looked away not wanting to watch her write down her address and give it to you. No, no, no, no...she can't go. She can't witness any of this, what if she finds out it's me? She'll hate me...she won't love me. No, no, no, no...FUCK!