3. Faelynn Umeko Kiara

Start from the beginning

"They'd never allow anything to happen to me, duh! Once, there was an assassination attempt on me... let's just say, it didn't go well, hm? Anyways..."

"I can bet you my assassination attempts will be much more successful," June muttered under her breath, purposely letting the words be just audible enough for Faye to hear.

"Hmm? What was that?" Faye asked softly, her head swinging around to stare dangerously at June. "We're all friends here, aren't we?"

Fitz spoke up, poking June in the waist before she could protest. "We should be," he told her. "You're making it hard for her."

"Great!" Faye cheered, clapping her hands before turning around once again. "Let's continue onward, shall we?"

Wind picked up slightly as June sighed, making more of a growl sound. "Please tell me the Council will arrive soon."

"Why should I have to tell you anything? Tch. Come on now, surely you can figure that out by yourself?" The faint lights around Faye grew more intense, but her voice still retained that childish lilt.

June huffed as she dug her nails into her palm again, drawing blood. She winced, mentally telling herself to cut them when she got home. If she had to spend any more time with Faye, that was a necessity.

"Oooh, she's angry~" Faye taunted, her eyes narrowing to slits.

Remember, diplomatic, Fitz repeated yet again. June frowned, searching for her gun as she patted her gown. Faye let out another sickeningly sweet laugh, smirking at her and spinning her gun around her fingers. June scowled, wiping her hands across her sleeves and staining them with blood.

"We're almost there," Alden told them, looking like he wanted to flee from the teenager drama unfolding before his eyes. "The Councillors will appear unified, and they should be here in a while."

The small wind died down as June's spotlight flickered. "Thank fucking god."

Faye tapped her painted nails against an unseen wall. "Mind your language."

Fuck you-

"Apologies for the inconvenience," Emery said, sweeping into the hall as his cape swished behind him.

The words reverbrated through the room as twelve spotlights gleamed to life in a wide circle around their group, illuminating each of the Councillors with a nearly blinding halo of silver. Between the strange lighting and their matching outfits, they looked eerily alike, their tailored silver suits and pulled-back hair making it hard to distinguish between different genders. Alden wasn't kidding when he said the Councillors would appear unified. They looked literally identical. Only their slight height differences differentiated them, and the Councillors looked like a choir of ghosts as a slow chime rang out.

They were wearing identical diamond crowns instead of their individual gemstone circlets. June found herself staring greedily at the ornate headpieces, and Faye giggled softly, tapping her shoulder. She whipped around, almost catching her in the neck and snatching her gun back as Faye retreated, snapping her fingers and making electricity sizzle.

You really shouldn't annoy Chargers.

I don't fucking care. I hate her. She's the most egotistical, arrogant, self-centered-

Just listen and try not to think about murder for the next couple hours, 'kay? I'm sure the Council called us here for an important reason. Not two girls trying to take each other's head off.

June grumbled, strapping her gun firmly to her gown and biting back insults.

A Councillor coughed.