Chapter 3: Decisions

*the next day*

I woke up with a crazed look on my face. Is it because of him? Is it because I kept thinking about him last night? "What a stupid idea" I thought to myself as I went for a quick shower. I got out and dried myself. I put on some clothes and went down to the kitchen to have something to eat. As I opened the fridge, I saw that there was no food inside. So I went out again to buy myself something good to eat. But then I had a great idea, I'll just eat at some fast food chain. I went to this fast food chain nearby and ordered some food. I finished eating and got out the restaurant. I went hurriedly straight home. Suddenly, someone called out my name. His voice was very familiar. I turned around and saw it was James.

"hey Bella, how are you doing?" James asked.

"I'm fine. 'bout you?" I asked.

"I'm also fine."

"so, uh...........what are you doing this weekend?" he asked, looking nervous.

"nothing, why did you ask?"

"I was wondering........would you like to go on a lunch with me this saturday?"

I was shocked when James said that. THE James Maslow asking me out for lunch? This can't be right. He's obviously asking me to a date. "no, he's not. It's just one of those friendly meetings or some sort." I thought to myself as I was about to answer his question.

"sure, I'd love to."

"thanks" he said, quickly pulling me into a hug.

"uh okay......what was the hug for?" I said, blushing slightly.

"a thank you hug."

"oh,okay. By the way what time are we meeting?"

"oh um about twelve or twelve thirty afternoon, this Saturday"

"okay. Thanks."

"oh are you going home?"

"yes, why?"

"can I come. I mean just to know where I'm going to pick you up."

"sure"

I went home with James following my back. There was an awkward silence in our walk. We didn't really talk during our walk. Finally we reached my house. I opened the door and we went in.

"nice place you got here."

"thanks"

"so you stay here all alone?"

"yup. All by myself."

The awkward silence went back again but I broke it by asking James.

"you want something to drink?"

"what do you have?"

"I think I have iced tea and orange juice." I said as I looked inside the pantry.

"I'll have the iced tea please." James said.

"okay."

I grabbed two glasses and filling each with powdered iced tea. I poured some water and some spilled on the floor. I just continued stirring the beverage forgetting about the spill. I finished making iced tea and went to the living room where James was sitting on the couch. As I was walking, I suddenly slipped on the spill earlier. I was falling down the floor. I braced myself for the impact, but something or someone caught me before hitting the hard floor. It was James. His brown eyes met mine, causing me to feel knots in my stomach. He pulled me closer to his face, just inches away from mine, close enough for me to feel his breath. His face was so close to mine that he could just go in and kiss me. It looked like he would but I can't let that happen.

"James, let me stand."

"oh....uh......yeah." he muttered

"thanks for........you know, catching me."

"that was nothing. Oh I need to get going. The guys said that I need to go now."

"okay bye. Thanks again for saving me."

"anytime. Bye Bella." he said as he went out.

Man, that was close. James was about to kiss me there. I went to grab the mop to clean up the spills and the broken glass. "was he really into me?" I thought to myself as I started wiping the spill on the floor.

James PoV

The incident that happened earlier at Bella's house kept running through my mind as I walked back home. I finally reached our house. As I went in, I saw Kendall and Logan fighting over what looks like the last sandwich. And Carlos, sitting on the couch, watching T.V.

"guys, what do you want to discuss?"

"oh James, you're here. We need to talk." Kendall said, while Logan happily ate the sandwich.

"okay. What do you wanna talk about?"

"oh....um...what happened when you asked her? Did she say yes?"

As I was about to speak, everybody gathered around me with grins on their faces.

"it went out well. And............she said yes."

"yes! I knew she wasn't mad at you bro!" Logan said.

"great! Let's celebrate guys!" Carlos shouted.

"for what?" I said.

"for making her to say yes to you." Kendall said as he grabbed me by my shoulder.

We had a small party at our house. We didn't invite anybody. It was just us four, partying like there's no tomorrow. We has lots of fun and everybody was like dancing on the center like they're drunk. We finished partying at like 1 o'clock in the morning.

I went to my room and crashed on my soft, comfy bed. My mind was thinking about the date this afternoon. My mind kept thinking about it for until I was asleep. I slept happily for I'm having my date this afternoon.