8.2💚🩵Switch Out The Batteries

I'm sorry for the 3 months long wait but here's part 2

————————————————

Harry wakes up Saturday morning to the sound of Louis swearing

"Fuck," Louis says loudly. "Fuck, fuck, fuck."

Harry rolls over and reaches out for Louis's side of the bed reflexively, but finds it empty. "Lou?" He sits up and rubs his eyes.

Louis is sitting at the end of the bed, rocking back and forth a little and holding his foot in his hand. "Hi," he says with a strained voice, looking over his shoulder at Harry. "Hi, good morning, fuck." He winces as Harry blinks slowly, not fully awake yet.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm surprising you with breakfast in bed," Louis says, gesturing with his elbow to the breakfast tray sitting next to him on the bed as he massages his foot. "Or at least I was before I broke my toe."

"Love." The surge of affection Harry feels every time he wakes up next to Louis threatens to render him speechless. He shakes his head a little, trying to tame his smile. "Do you think you really broke it or are you just whining?"

Louis doesn't answer except with a huff as he looks down at his foot and pouts. Harry's eyes focus on the tray sitting next to him. There's a banana on a plate, a cup of tea that's half sloshed into the saucer, and a glass of orange juice that's already spilled out all over the bottom of the tray. Harry picks up the tray and moves it to the side table, careful not to spill the juice out onto the mattress, then settles down in its place next to Louis, wrapping his arms around him and kissing his shoulder.

"You okay?" he mumbles, tucking his chin over Louis's shoulder and looking down at where Louis's cradling his foot.

Louis sighs. "Yeah, it's—" Louis shrugs slightly, making Harry's head bump against his. He keeps massaging his big toe, only wincing a little. Then he shakes himself. "Surprise?" He nods over at the tray on the table. Harry grins into the back of his neck.

"Thought you had work today." His hands wander down to Louis's stomach, rucking up his (that is, Harry's) shirt a little and splaying out over his waist.

Louis hums. He puts his foot back on the ground and leans back a little into Harry's embrace. "Took off," he says as Harry kisses the nape of his neck. "That's the other surprise."

"Yaaaaay," Harry says sleepily, placing little kisses down the slope of his shoulder. "A Louis is my favourite surprise."

Louis hums as Harry squeezes his arms around his torso. "Thought we could—you know." Harry makes a questioning sound and kisses the back of his neck again. "Play, if you're up for it."

Harry pulls his arms out from around Louis and soothes them over his shoulders. "'M up," he says, enjoying the way Louis's warmth seeps through his shirt to his hands. Louis turns and Harry smiles widely. "Definitely, definitely up."