Chapter 6

Diary entry of;   [Johanna Parkinson]
       Year;                 [1917]
    Location;       [Outskirts, lower class Calvary]

My name is Johanna but my father used to call me Hanna.
I never knew my mother but rumour has it we look alike. I am a person of very few words but a lot of pain. I do not know how to express or channel my pain in words. My father Erick Parkinson was a good man, well at least in my eyes. My father was a village thief, he would steal vegetables, livestock and even stable building material inorder for him to be able to provide for me, his only child. My mother was the opposite of my father instead she grew up in a household of three siblings and married parents. She and my father were rebellious teenagers when they had me. My father was an orphan raised by his maternal grandparents, met my mother in church and had sex three months into their relationship and had me at the tender age of 15. My mother gave birth to me and told my father that her parents which are my maternal grandparents would not allow her to raise me in their household being I was made out of wedlock. My mother had to choose to be homeless or raise me. She chose to give me to my father to raise alone instead. The last time my father saw my mother was on the day of my birth, apparently her family kept me a secret and that she is now married and has kids within her marriage and has completely forgotten about me till to date. 
My father passed away in 1916 when the villagers burnt him alive after village members caught him while stealing livestock. I watched the whole torture of my father’s death in front of my eyes. The villagers even burnt down our home but had mercy enough for me to remove our belongings first.
I became homeless and an orphan instantly living in shelters. One day a man came to the shelter I was staying in at the time and said he needs a care giver and maid to live full time with him and chose me upon seeing me on arrival. I took the opportunity not knowing he would abuse and take advantage of me ,the man’s name is Hendrick Gordons , current age 68 and former world war solider.