Not So Bad

"Kristy!"

Whisper-shouted a voice from somewhere.

Kristy looked around but didn't see anyone.

"Kristy!" The voice hissed again and this time Kristy looked to the site and saw Ao'nung. He waved her over and she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion but walked over either way.

"What is it?"

"I need your help." He said and grabbed Kristy's wrist to drag her in the marui he was in.
As she stumbled in Kristy almost lost her balance but Ao'nung steadied her with a hand to her waist.
Kristy's eyes fell on Rotxo who had a crying baby in his arms, Táruna's baby.

"Wh- what are you doing?" Kristy asked confused.

"We have to take care of Kiron." Rotxo explained to her as he tried to silent Kiron.

"Yeah. And we.. Somehow.." Ao'nung trailed of and waved his hand a bit with a head tilt "Suck at it."

Kristy nodded with a hum and analysed the situation. She walked a bit forward and asked "Well.. For how long? And what did you do until now?"

"Uh- well.. Uhm. We have to take him until evening and we played a bit with." Ao'nung said.

"And he said his first word!" Rotxo said excitedly and watched Kristy as she sat down next to him with her eyes on Kiron.

"Who, Ao'nung?" Kristy replied.

"Haha, very funny." Ao'nung rolled his eyes.

Kristy ignored him and took Kiron from Rotxo. She cooed at him and stroked his back comforting. She needed a minute or two but Kiron stopped his crying after some time.

"Huh. Motherly instinct probably." Rotxo observed.

"Or luck." Ao'nung mumbled as he watched them.

"Or!" Kristy started "It's just you." She said and looked Ao'nung in the eye.

They stared at each other and Rotxo looked between them with a small smirk. Do they know? He asked himself cause it seemed like neither of them had a clue what their interactions and longing looks meant.

Ao'nung cleared his throat awkwardly and both averted their gaze, Kristy looking down at a half asleep Kiron in her arms and Ao'nung looking down at the floor.

"How do you do that?" Rotxo changed the subject and asked Kristy as he looked down at Kiron.

"Dunno. Motherly instincts probably." Kristy repeated Rotxo's words from earlier and they smiled at each other.

Ao'nung kneeled down on Kristy's other side, a bit behind the other two. He eyed his friend and Kristy, feeling a weird feeling in the pit of his stomach. He didn't know what it was and he didn't know why but they way Kristy and Rotxo spoke didn't sit right with him.

"Thank you." Ao'nung mumbled out and Kristy turned to him with a confused expression.

"What?"

"Thank you." Ao'nung repeated "For helping us, I guess."

Kristy smiled, feeling happy that Ao'nung appreciate this "No problem." She spoke with a soft smile, careful not to wake Kiron.

Maybe Ao'nung isn't so bad after all.

They watched after Kiron for another two hours before Táruna came back and thanked them.
They were just walking out of the marui before Neteyam approached.

"Kristy." He breathed in relief and pulled her into a hug, Kristy accepting it gladly while Ao'nung rolled his eyes in annoyance, which didn't go unnoticed by Rotxo.

"What? Is everything okay?" Kristy asked a bit worried after seeing Neteyam's state.

"Have you seen Lo'ak?"

"No. Why?" Kristy asked with wide eyes.

"I haven't seen him the whole day." Neteyam explained and kept looking around.

Kristy's ear perked up when she heard a shuffle on her left. She turned to Ao'nung and saw him looking at the ground with his ears down "Are you okay?"

"Mhm? Yeah of course." Ao'nung said quickly but Kristy sainted her eyes at him in suspicion.

"Have you seen Lo'ak today?" She asked softly.

God how could he lie now?

Did she have to ask him like this? With this voice and in this tone?

God what's wrong with him?

"Maybe." Ao'nung mumbled with a shrug to his shoulder, keeping his eyes trained on the ground.

"Maybe?" Kristy asked him further and Ao'nung opened jis mouth to say something but nothing came out.

Neteyam stepped also closer, wanting to desperately know what the reef boy had to say "Speak up." he said threatening.

"Ao'nung!" Kristy beckoned.

"Fine! Fine, fine, fine! I- uhm.. Me and a few friends took him outside the reef before I went to Rotxo and Kiron." Ao'nung revealed and Kristy and Neteyam's eyes grew even wider.

"You-What!"

Neteyam gritted his teeth to keep cool and grabbed Ao'nung's queue, leading him away.

Kristy stood for a second with a tight jaw. She was mad. Furious. She hated Ao'nung for this.

Maybe she was wrong.

AN:

AN:

Short chapter but I like it :)
And am I the only one to think Kristy was confused MANY times this chapter?

Lmao whatever. I hope you liked this chap and have/had a good day!! <3