F O U R T E E N

Beginne am Anfang

"Ms. Lupine, I could give you extra credit work from now until the semester ends and you still wouldn't have enough points to cover these three exams" she said "And lets not forget the next three exams you have coming up in addition to the Final Exam. A tutor is the only real option you have left at this point, I'm afraid." 

~~~~~~~~~~

I took about three deep breaths before I knocked on Kassian's door. 

It was about nine thirty at night and while the house was quiet, all the boys retiring to their beds early this Thursday evening, I knew Kassian wasn't sleeping yet. 

The lights from his room were still on from what I could tell based on the little sliver that was peaking out from underneath his door. 

His door, very much like mine, was intricately carved with various moons and wolf like attributes, like paw prints or trees. 

Unlike my door however, it looked like most of his Pack history derived from the Greek culture. 

Greek words, phrases, and symbols all covered his door, making me super curious about what they meant. 

I raised my hand to knock again, when the door flew open and I was met with a sight that had my mouth drying up quicker than the Sahara desert. 

"Nova?" a shirtless Kassian leaned against his doorframe, his soundproof headphones pushed up and off one ear as his light grey sweatpants hung dangerously low on his sharp hipbones "Nova? What's wrong? Are you okay?" 

"I...uh..." I swallowed down what felt like sandpaper in my throat "I...uh need your help." 

He straighten, immediately whipping off his headphones and throwing what looked like to be a video game controller onto his bed. 

"What's wrong Nova?" he asked, his tone worried as he bent down fractionally to look into my eyes"Is it Brutus? Did he get stuck behind the bookshelf again?" 

My lips quirked up at the memory of when I found all three boys in my bedroom trying to corral my blind dog out from behind my bookshelf. 

"No," I said after a moment "Brutus is safely tucked into bed. Thanks for the stairs by the way, he's able to get up and down much easier now." 

"I'm glad" Kassian smiled "All that jumping was making his arthritis worse." 

My icy heart thawed at his words. 

I wouldn't admit this out loud but there was nothing sexier than a man who cared about the well being of animals...

However...the grey sweatpants that outlined everything were a very close second though. 

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts and focusing back to the task at hand.