~Chapter Three~

Eventually, Pi and I both realized that we had to get ready to leave the house, so we said our goodbyes and then logged out. I threw on a pair of black joggers and a red t-shirt, seeing as I had practice to get to this morning. I had no idea how I was getting through today.

"You're leaving early." Mom said. She hadn't left for work yet and was sitting at the table drinking a cup of coffee.

"Volleyball practice."

"Right, you did mention that last night. You look exhausted though. You were up all night on one of your games, weren't you?" She asked with an eye roll.

"Maybe...I gotta go, bye!" I laughed as I ran out. I did not feel like getting chewed out or lectured yet again for my sleeping and gaming habits.

Today on my walk, I ran into Kenma and Kuroo.

"Hey! Didn't expect to run into you guys." I smiled.

"Hey, yeah, we don't live too far away. How was your night?"

"Not bad. I haven't slept yet though."

"That makes two of you. Kenma was up all night playing video games again." Kuroo rolled his eyes.

"Hey, video games are fun. What'd you do with your free time, study on the first day of school?" I laughed. Kenma laughed and Kuroo went quiet.

"No fucking way, you did." I laughed.

"You are starting to get on my nerves."

"Fine, I'll stop teasing. Let's just get to practice." I laughed.

~~~

We were the first ones to practice, which makes sense. Kuroo is captain and I'm the manager, we're supposed to be first. We all were already changed so we started setting up nets and pulled the balls out. By the time we were set up, a few more players were here so we got started with a few simple drills.

Seeing as I had some experience in the sport, I was able to help the Boys correct little things here and there. I was a bit rusty, but I was falling back into the groove of things.

"You used to play?" Coach asked after I'd gotten done yelling at Lev about his arm placement for his blocks...for the third time this morning.

"Yeah, in elementary school. I stopped when I started homeschooling and I was gonna pick it back up again, but the boys found me before I could sign up for the girls team." I laughed.

"You'll be good for these boys. Anyway, I have some paperwork for the camp coming up in a month. Figured I could count on you to hand out permission slips and packing lists at the end of practice?"

"You got it, I'll make sure the guys get them." I smiled. He nodded and went back to doing his thing on the bench. I looked over the papers, knowing I'd need a signed slip as well. It was a week-long camp being held at Fukurodani. The only thing that sucks is that I'll probably have next to no time to talk to Pi, but he'll understand I'm sure.

When practice ended, I handed the slips out to the guys and then headed to the girls club room to get changed into my school uniform. The guys all headed to the locker rooms to shower quickly before changing.

I sat on the stairs that led up to the club rooms so I could wait for Kuroo and Kenma. The two of them didn't take too long, thankfully.

"Awe, you waited." Kuroo said, completely invading my personal space and hugging me from behind. I squirmed out of his hold and laughed.

"Yeah, it's my second day here, I don't wanna get lost." I lightly smacked him.

"Let's go, ignore his flirting." Kenma rolled his eyes. He grabbed your wrist to drag you along to the second year wing.