Meet The Characters - Lily J. Potter

Lily J

Lily J. Potter (née Evans) (30 January 1960 - 31 October 1981) was an English Muggle-born witch that came into a Wood Elf creature inheritance in 1975.

She was the younger daughter of Fenrir and Sorsha Evans, the younger sister of Calithileth Evans, and the wife of James Potter.

By extension, she was the sister-in-law of Vernon Dursley and Avery Greengrass, and the maternal aunt of Dudley Dursley and Melody Greengrass.

For a brief period of time, Lily served as the foster mother of Hadrian Prince-Riddle, the son of her former childhood friend Severus Prince.

She and her husband were murdered on 31 October 1981 by her former Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore.

---------Background-------

After meeting Severus when they were nine years old, he told her about the existence of magic. They were best friends and inseparable, however Lily was growing jealous of her friend due to her parents doting on him so much. This jealousy only grew when they started Hogwarts, since everyone (including the professors) praised Severus for his beauty and magical talent.

Her envy of Severus ultimately culminated in a row during their sixth year, where Lily snapped that she wished they were never friends and his father beat the magic out of him. She attempted to apologize, but it was too late and the damage had been done; Severus dissolved their friendship and wanted nothing to do with her.

For the rest of their time at Hogwarts, Lily dealt with the sickly guilt and regret sitting in her stomach and watched as Severus moved on without her: he was taken in by his grandparents, and even started courting a draconian wizard by the name of Marvolo Riddle. As a final farewell, and out of courtesy for their past friendship, Severus sent Lily a birth announcement to inform her of his and Marvolo's son, Hadrian Severus.

However, sometime in 1981, she and her husband were given Hadrian by Dumbledore and told that they were to be the boy's parents.