A loud whimper rings through the room and before I realise what's happening my burned hand is taken softly and my head is ever so gently turned to assess the damage. "You fucking idiot." Freya mumbles to herself but it sounds more endearing than anything. My wolf whimpers and I feel a change in me.

Freya looks up into my eye. "You're eyes have changed colour and your wolf is out. Have you shifted yet?" I shake my head incapable of words. The pain in my hand stings and I cradle it to my chest but I don't dare look at it or the sight of blood will make me lose consciousness for sure.

"Okay, wolf, let's get you up." Somehow I end up on the couch and ever so gently she wraps my hand with bandages. Suddenly Freya startles and again I catch her beautiful gaze. Mark her. Make her mine. Take her where she stands.

"Youre... purring?" She asks me and in my half human state I know she's right and the wolf side of me only rubbles loader. Claim her. Her tongue darts out and she licks her lips. And in that moment something in me snaps.

Freya Astor

When I first stepped into the apartment the smell of food attacked me and I knew my roommate had arrived. I dropped my bags and glanced into the kitchen... and I froze.

Dane Harrison. Dane fucking Harrison was in my kitchen. And he was dancing. Involuntarily my lips quirlend up at the adorable sight. Mine.

At the sound of my wolf, who happened to be popping up ever more recently more often, the more I saw Dane, rejoiced at the sight of him. A unknown hunger filled my body. Quicky I shook my body and replaced all feelings with anger. Anger of not seeing him for years and him suddenly making a reappearance, in my apartment of all places. Not once had he tried to contact me.

But when he fell, my heart couldn't take it. Hold him. Protect him. Make him mine. Even as I bandaged his hand, his eyes had not turned back from black, his wolf was still in the forefront. The anger within me churned like a tempest. Why did this beautiful bastard have to be so jumpy. I pull him over to the couch and gently his sits down and I wrap his hand in some bandages. It should be healed in a matter of hours.

"Dane," his name escaped my lips, a mixture of disbelief and anger. He perks up at his name, I didn't call him Cotton ball.  He had always been clumsy, the one who acted on impulse, and it never failed to stoke the fire of my frustration. "You're a fucking werewolf. Where were your reflexes?!", I demand but his eyes are vacant without thought, dark with lu-

His hand reached up, cupping my cheek as he leaned in, his lips crashing against mine in a fervent kiss. The intensity of it caught me off guard, anger and longing intermingling in a collision that set my nerves alight. His lips moved against mine with a desperation that matched my own. Both of us demanding submission and understanding.

I didn't pull away. Instead, I yielded to the kiss, allowing the whirlwind of emotions to carry me away. "Damn you, Cotton ball." I mumble against his lips.

His touch was electric, his fingers threading through my brown hair as he deepened the kiss, his tongue seeking entrance and igniting a fire that burned hotter with every passing second. In a smooth movement I found myself lifted unto the couch with him above me.

The anger that had coursed through me moments ago now mingled with the taste of him, a potent concoction that I couldn't resist. My hands found his shoulders, fingers digging into the fabric of his shirt, pulling him impossibly closer. The kiss was possessive, a clash of teeth and tongues that spoke of both anger and desire. I flip us and push him beneath me, deeper into the pillows. His impossibly rough lips never leave mine.

He is staking his claim, marking me with the intensity of his kiss - a fucking declaration. And as his lips moved hungrily against mine, I could feel the struggle within him, the battle between his human self and the wolf that simmered just beneath the surface.

My own anger began to yield, the heat of the kiss eroding its edges and leaving behind a torrent of conflicting emotions. I wanted to be angry at him, to demand answers why of all places he would live here, but in that moment, all I could focus on was the taste of him, the press of his body against mine, the way he made my heart race in both anger and desire.

His lips left mine and I mewled in protest but suddenly I felt his lips on my neck. Right in the spot where my shoulder met my neck. He flipped us again but this time I didn't care. Pleasure racked my body and shivers ran down my spine.

He didn't leave the spot where he could mark me. I jerked at the realisation.

"No." I push him away. No one should ever have gotten that close to marking me. We're left breathless and disoriented, our foreheads press together as we catch our breaths. His green eyes bore into mine, a mixture of regret and longing.

"I'm sorry," he whispers, his voice a hoarse murmur that sends shivers down my spine. "I just... I couldn't... my wolf-." He cuts himself off. He gets off me and presses himself back as far as the couch will allow, regrets whirls in his eyes, having returned back to his normal colour. Dane hangs his head letting his blonde hair fall into his face.

The admission hangs heavy in the air, a testament to the turmoil within him. I want to be angry, to berate him for this, but as I look into his eyes, I see the vulnerability that he shows. His wolf had initiated the kiss, but it is the man before me who is baring his soul.

With a sigh I get up to my feat. I undo the tie around my neck that long ago hung loosely. I finally throw my suit jacket onto the chair. Softly I pad up to the spooked idiot on my couch and I take his bandaged hand. Lifting it up to my lips I place a soft kiss onto the covered wound. He does not look up and I sigh.

Turning I walk into my room and close the door behind me.

- - -
Please consider voting and commenting!