9: Real life is fabulous (Our lives)

[Chapter title from the lyrics of 'Rising' by Dreamcatcher]

It was around one in the morning, and sadly Yoohyeon was already asleep when Bora arrived. Bora didn't manage to tell her roommate everything that happened with Minji today, she couldn't share her overwhelming thoughts and emotions with anyone, so she took a quick shower to make herself calm down at least a little bit before sliding into the sheets. She read Handong's message saying that Gahyeon and Yubin were already asleep after watching a movie. Smiling at the text and thanking the Chinese woman, she felt much more relaxed.

That was until she got a call from Minji when the sensations were back.

"Hi," Her voice returned, sounding tired but still full of honey and spice.

Bora giggled, though hating herself secretly for behaving like a teenager with a first-ever crush. "Hi."

"I'm sorry for what happened." She said, but fixed the statement hurriedly after realizing how it sounded. "I meant the part where Siyeon came and interrupted us, not what happened before that and not the thing she interrupted."

Bora laughed, but slammed her hand on her mouth in a moment, remembering that Yoohyeon was sleeping in the next room. "I got what you meant, Minji, don't worry." She sat up in the bed now, fixing the pillow behind her back.

"Yeah..." Bora could swear she could hear the smile warming up on Minji's face, grinning herself while imagining it. "There's so much I want to tell you" She could hear Minji sigh softly and make a sound like she was stretching. They were both getting comfortable, settling in.

"I know," Bora replied, "Me too."

A few seconds passed before Minji spoke again. "Will you go on a date with me?"

A pause. Long pause. Before Bora cracked in laughter once again. "I was not expecting that," She said in between her laughing sounds, "I mean, of course! I would love to go on a date with you, I just wasn't expecting you to be so... forward about it." She was laughing, yes, but her cheeks were heating up already only after a thought of a date with Minji.

Minji chuckled, "I have spent too much time restraining myself from this, I think it's time to be a little forward."

Bora grinned, "I can't wait to see you..." She whispered, hoping she didn't sound too desperate.

"You will tomorrow, we have a date. Right?" Minji answered, and Bora heard her move around, probably turning on another side of her bed. "Will it be alright if we started things out from the very beginning?"

"I would love that, Minji." Bora hummed, feeling absolutely giddy. "Where will you be taking me?"

"Now, that's a secret."

Bora chuckled, wishing to be able to embrace Minji at that very moment. "I'll see you tomorrow, then."

"Around what time should I pick you up?"

Bora thought about it for a second. "Is 7 okay?"

"Well for me it is, but will it be alright for you to leave Gahyeon around that time?"

The brunette woman smiled at hearing that, "Actually, Gahyeon and Yubin begged us to let their sleepover extend so she will be staying tomorrow 'till late evening, and Handong said she and Siyeon will bring her themselves... so I don't think I'll be worrying about being a little late tomorrow."

And she will also start the shift later, but she decided to leave that out of the conversation.

"Oh," The tone was teasing, and Bora knew what the other woman was thinking at that moment, so before she could make any comment about it, the brunette woman interrupted that trail of thoughts.