CH 15 It doesn't feel like Christmas

Memphis POV--

I walk through the office after getting back from lunch to get to the shop out back. Of course it's just my luck I have to see Avery bending over a file cabinet in the hall on my way through. I hold in my groan and silently walk by, I escape to the shop and grab my project and start sanding down the edges. It has been almost a month since the Thanksgiving debacle as my family calls it.

I still can't belive Avery left me like he did. I was so in shock that day I didn't even fight for him I'm not sure it would of even mattered now but I have never been one to take things laying down but that day I felt like all the fight had drained out of me. Titan called me that morning a month ago and told me Avery was leaving and I rushed to get to the airport to stop him to tell him he was making a mistake to throw our relationship away. But it was no use by the time I made it to Dallas it was to late and Avery was long gone.

I stayed in Texas for the rest of the trip and by the time I got home Monday night Avery had changed his cell number and cut off all communications with me. I tried all his brothers to see if any of them had any sympathy for me and would give me cell number but they all told me to kick rocks. I tried showing up at his parents house but his mom kept telling me he wasn't there even though his car was parked on the street. It was almost impossible for me to give up on us the way Avery had but yesterday I finally broke Greyson and he told me Avery was going on a date tonight.

Just thinking about Avery going out with someone else is making it hard for me to breath. I try to rub the pain in my chest away but it doesn't work. I still love him with all my heart and yeah I let my head get in the way and I said some stupid shit that I didn't really mean in Texas but I never thought Avery would leave me over it. And damn sure didn't think he would be dating so soon, I thought I had more time to win him back that what we had meant more to him than that.

I have been keeping myself sane this whole month without Avery by telling myself if I just gave him time he would see he made a mistake not giving me a second chance. I have been coming up with ways to show him how much he means to me all month and I just knew if I could talk to him just once he would see it my way. But now that I know he is dating again that delusion is shattered and I'm not sure I can take it if he moves on.

It's been a small miracle that I haven't gone in the office and demand Avery talk to me. I was going to do that on Tuesday when I came back from Texas but my Aunt stopped me, she said Avery had already talked to her on Monday and if I cornered him at work he would quit. I didn't want that so I backed off and tried to run into him as much as possible but he just ignored my existence that hurt more than anything else. I can't stand to be ignored or the dead look on my vibrant outgoing Avery's face when he sees me, it just looks so wrong. Now I try to avoid him seeing me at work because I can't stand the void look in his eyes when he does look at me like I'm nothing.

I look at my watch and it's getting close to quitting time. I have been leaving fifteen minutes late to avoid Avery completely but not tonight. No tonight I'm going to do what I should have done from the beginning I'm going to confront Avery and show him he made a mistake leaving me. I clean up my work station quickly and walk to the office.

I walk purposefully into the office and I make a beeline for Avery's office but of course my Aunt Shirley is in the hall to intercept me. "What do you think your doing Memphis I told you to leave Avery alone and it looks like you are about to defy me boy." She grabs me by my ear and leads me to her office where she slams the door. "Sit and tell me what is going on in that pig headed brain of yours."

I sit down and rub the sting out of my ear. I cross my arms like a puterubed child and ignore her question. She gives me a scathing look that reminds me of my dad and I smile. "Don't smile at me young man. I know you where going to Avery's office and you looked mighty determined so tell me what is going on."

That sobers me up quickly and I feel my face pull up into a scowl. I look at the clock on the wall and see it's 4:56. If I want to have any chance of catching Avery before he leaves I have to get out of here in four minutes. "He is going on a date tonight." I finally spit out hoping she drops it and let's me leave quickly.

My aunts face softens. "Oh honey I'm so sorry I know you still have feelings for him but it's his right to move on. You can't try to stop him he has to see for himself if this is the right thing for him. He will only be angrier and more determined if you try to stop him. Think this through Memphis don't run head first into this use your brain for once child."

I feel like pulling out my hair in fusterastation right now. I am damned if I do and damned if I don't. What if me telling him not to go makes him want to go even more to spite me. And what if he has a good time on his date and that seals our fate. I don't think I could live with myself if I just sat back and did nothing. I feel more determined than ever to stop him. I look at my aunt. "I know you mean well but I have to do what I think is right Auntie and I'm sorry you can't stop me not this time I have made up my mind I'm not going to sit around and do nothing while someone try's to take Avery from me."

I rush out of the office hoping its not to late. I jog into Avery's office but I don't see him anywhere. I walk out the front door and sure enough his car is gone out of the parking lot. I see red God dammit I missed him. I turn and punch the side of the building in fusteration.

I take a deep breath and pull out my cell and dial Grey while shaking the sting from my hand. I don't even say hello when he picks up. "Where is he going Grey I have to stop him please just tell me where he is going please you know I love him." I wait for Grey to decide my fate while wiping my bloody knuckles on my jeans.

I know I'm begging but I don't even care all that matters right now is that I stop Avery from making a huge mistake. It feels like I'm waiting forever in silence for Grey's response. When he finally speaks I feel like I can breath again. "He is going to the bowling alley around eight. Memphis please don't make me regret telling you this."

I try to make my voice as strong as possible. "You won't Grey you won't I promise." I hang up and jump in my truck I have three hours to make my plan of attack and I don't want to waste a single minute. I'm going to get Avery Flores back no matter what it takes.

How do you like determined Memphis I think it's sexy he is working so hard to get his man back. Vote or Comment and let me know what you think it really means a lot to me to get your feed back.