CH 2 Memphis

Memphis POV-- Memphis home pictured above.

When I wake up I know immediately there is someone in my bed, I can feel their naked skin touching my hip and leg. I open my eyes and let them adjust to the brightness of the day and feel the head ache set in. I'm afraid to look down at my sleeping companion I sigh in relief when I see it's just Adam.

Damn we must of feel asleep after we fucked because I never let someone stay at my house ever. I look around and realize We are not at my house. We must have gone to Adams after going out drinking last night after Avery left us at the diner. Damn slowly the night comes back to me and what I can remember sure was fun but I have to get the fuck out of here before Adam wakes up.

I look around the room and see my clothes on the floor at the foot of the bed so I slowly extract myself from Adams sleeping embrace. I slowly gather my jeans and check for my keys and phone when I feel them in my pocket I slip them on. I look around but I can't find my shirt fuck it, it won't be the first or the last time I go home shirtless.

I grab my boots and slowly walk through the hall and out the front door. I jump in my lifted Chevy truck and start the engine. I cringe at how loud the engine is but I don't see anyone at Adams window so I will count it as a clean get away. I throw my boots on the passenger seat and plug my iPhone into my car charger so it's not dead all day and head home.

When I drive down the dirt road to my home I notice I need to clean my windows there are starting to look a little dusty. I park in the garage and grab my boots and phone and make my way into the kitchen.

I pop some bread in the toaster and throw my boots on the floor while powering on my phone. My toast pop up and I butter them quickly and eat them as I walk down the hall to my bedroom and to grab some Tylenol.

When my phone finally decides to turn on I see only have one text wow talk about feeling unloved. I open the text from Avery and laugh he finally gave in and hit me up for a job. I knew it was only a matter of time before he came to me. The cocky little shit thought he could do it all on his own and didn't want any of my help or advice when I tried to talk to him months ago. He was to high the success of his first paying job he thought they would all be so easy but I knew better and I tried to warn him, but he had to see it for himself.

I text him back to show up Monday at my work RMF Construction and throw my phone on my bed as I go to take a shower to wash away the night before. Once I'm all clean and the toast settles on my stomach and the Tylenol kicks in I feel a million times better as my head ache dulls. I pull back the covers and lay back in bed to get a few more hours of precious sleep before starting my day.

I get woken by my phone vibrating somewhere on my bed. I grumble and start feeling around for it in my sleepy haze. I swipe to answer it and put the phone to my ear. "Yessum?"

I hear Avery's soft but excited voice. "Are you being serious? Please tell me you are being serious oh my god Memphis I love you so much if you aren't fucking with me but I will cut you if you are so tell me now!!!" I laugh softly still half asleep. "What are you yammeren about?"

I hear Avery take a deep breath and slow down."The job you said to be there on Monday. I'm so excited I have to go buy a new work outfit. What should I wear Memphis? Business casual? Or just casual? I want to fit in and make a good impression."

I sit up and rub my eyes and try to get my brain to function."Ok yea just wear some slacks and a button up or collared shirt. I wear jeans but I will be working in a different department than you will be, I don't really interact to much with the customers. Anyways you know my Aunt Shirley loves you so she will hire you no problem so just show up Monday at eight and we will get you all set up."