S2, EP 1: Birmigham Dreamin'

A/N: I know how S6/the show ends but I will say, I will be altering the ending of the show for anyone who wanted to know. I hope you all enjoy the unfolding of S2, thank you ❤️ Also, I switched the name of the song 'California Dreamin' to match the show

Warnings: Violence, language, sexism, racism, mentions of sex and sex work, mentions of periods, pregnancy and childbirth, and mutant prejudice

"This ain't no place for no heroes, this ain't place for a better man, this ain't place for no heroes to come home..." ~ Short Change Hero by The Heavy

~ Two Years Later ~

~ Birmingham 1921~

Walking towards the Garrison were two women clad in all black, matching black veiled hats concealed their faces as they pushed prams in a somewhat rushed manner.

Odd because there was no one around as they walked side-by-side in a silent manner, uniform in their pace.

The women soon came to the front doors of Garrison and lined up their prams against the doors before sprinting away from the building and prams.

As if the prams contained something other than a baby...

Freddie Thorne was dead.

The entire Shelby clan (which now officially included Y/N as well) had come in attendance including the Thorne family to attend the funeral of the man. The priest had just finished speaking over the open grave when Tommy cleared his throat, moving from beside her as he moved a little forward so everyone could see him speak.

"I promised my friend, Freddy Thorne", Tommy said as they looked at the open grave, "that I would say a few words over his grave if he should pass before me. I made this promise before he became my brother-in-law, when we were in France fighting for the king."

Y/N stood a bit behind Tommy, hands in her coat dress as the black dress she wore did little to conceal her large bump; Polly kept saying that it was any day now she would be giving birth. Y/N spotted Ada holding in a breath as she could tell the young widow was struggling to keep her emotions in line as she held her toddler in her arms as Tommy spoke.

"Amen", Arthur said as the wind blew.

"And in the end, it wasn't war that took Freddy. Pestilence took him, but Freddy passed on his soul and spirit to a new generation before he was cruelly taken."

John's newest baby let out a little cry as Y/N shifted a little on her feet.

Pregnancy made her feet swell and that was a thought Y/N had never considered as she walked with Tommy as he spoke to Ada. Y/N had wondered if she actually could ever experience pregnancy considering the adamantium on her bones but that proved very little against a determined Shelby from what she concluded.