S1, EP 5: The Wicked

A/N: Hi everyone! I'm slowly coming back to this story, I sort of burnt myself out on this story just from the sheer length of the episodes amongst other things, but I updated EP 4 to have a full chapter because it didn't feel right to leave it so short for you guys.

Also, I have plans for future X-Men/Marvel characters to make a appearance soon, I will be following Marvel Comics backstories instead of MCU backstories, and it is canon that Wolverine goes into berserker mode when he is injured enough. Now, I switched around the healing factor and such

Warnings: Violence, language, sexism, racism, mentions of sex, mentions of periods, pregnancy and talk of religion, mutant prejudice

"This ain't no place for no heroes, this ain't place for a better man, this ain't place for no heroes to come home..." ~ Short Change Hero by The Heavy

~~~

Looking at the newspaper as she read the reports of more mutant raids, Y/N pushed a fringe of hair away from her face as she heard the sound of rain falling against the roof. A frown made way to her face, she wondered what the governments were playing to do next for mutants. She had heard of the extremes some were going to to keep records of them in databases and she wondered if England was one of the next places that was going to subject mutants to more tyranny.

Putting the newspaper down and standing up, she walked to the window and looked out it. She was no closer to the truth of who she was and she was beginning to wonder if she ever would know.

Her knuckles were especially aching a lot today...

"Thank you carrying this for me, dear", Polly said as she held the umbrella over both of them

Y/N grunted in response, not like she had a choice with the Shelbys; she carried with ease a full wicker basket of vegetables and fruits. The smell of the rain, pollution and city life made her nose twitch and filled her with some disgust from all the mixing smells as they made their way to a brownstone, walking inside and down the flight of stairs.

Y/N could smell Ada's familiar smell along with her new baby, the distinct smell all newborn babies had; in front of Ada's door was another wicker basket, full of rotten food and Y/N could hear the baby fussing inside the apartment.

"I brought some fresh food and eggs", Polly said as Y/N put the basket next to the door. "I'll leave it by the door."

No response, only the baby fussing.

"Ada, think of the baby. Babies don't have principles", Polly said as Y/N looked around.

Polly shook her head and motioned for her to grab the older wicker basket, and then they left.

~

Ada was avoiding every Shelby from what Y/N could gather since Freddie had been taken by the police. Polly had led her back to the Shelby home where Polly gave Tommy a cold glare as she practically was cursing him with her eyes, Y/N placed the wicker basket on the table as Tommy grasped her hand when Polly's attention was elsewhere.