XIV

CHAEYOUNG'S POV:

His response sent a rush of emotions through me, a mixture of happiness and sadness. The depth of our bond was undeniable, but the path ahead felt uncertain. I pulled back slightly, meeting his gaze, my heart in my eyes.

"Felix, I want you to understand that my feelings for you are genuine," I said, my voice filled with earnestness. He smiled softly, his thumb brushing against my cheek.

"I know, Chae. And my feelings for you are real too. But I also know that our circumstances are complicated." I nodded, appreciating his understanding.

"You've always been my rock, Felix. The person I turn to, no matter what. And I want that to continue." His eyes held fondness.

"Chae, you mean the world to me. Even if things change, our friendship will always be precious."

FELIX'S POV:

I held her gaze, my heart heavy with the weight of unspoken words. It wasn't easy to let go of the possibility of something more, but I knew that preserving our friendship was paramount.

"Chae, I promise you that no matter what happens, I'll be here for you," I said, my voice unwavering.

"You deserve happiness, and if that meant exploring your feelings for Hyunjin, then I want you to do that." Tears welled up in her eyes, and she reached up to brush them away.

"Felix, you're truly one of a kind, and therefor you should know I would never choose Hyunjin over you." I pulled her into another embrace, holding her close.

"And you're irreplaceable, Chae."

CHAEYOUNG'S POV:

At that moment, as we held each other, the weight of our unspoken feelings seemed to lift. The road ahead might be uncertain, but knowing that I had Felix's support made me feel stronger.

"Thank you, Felix," I whispered, my voice filled with gratitude. He pulled back slightly, a soft smile on his lips.

"Always, Chae."

A/N
Sorry the updates have been very sporadic lately, but I've been super busy with work. Hopefully, I'll be able to release more chapters now!<3

Word count:345