Ch. 8: Babysitting

Start from the beginning

"What..an..imbecile!"

"God help whoever has his kids..."

My laughter breaks through, drawing Sadie's attention to us.

"What just happened?"

"Nothing..."

I laugh, shaking my head. Stella sighs as she looks at me, a questioning look on her face.

"He hits on you all time, but also asks you to babysit so he can go on a date? Doesn't that bother you?"

"Why would it? We're not an item or anything...are brothers are just friends."

"Then why do you know so much about him? That's crush behavior..."

I give Samara a look, my eyes almost rolling as I huff.

"Because his brother, Cory is a giant gossip. I always find out what's going on at their house through him or Shawn. Even when I don't want to know."

I eat another fry, shaking my head as the twins share a look. They shrug before going back to their food as Sadie gives us all confused looks.

"What?"

"Hey...Stacy!"

I sigh, smiling up at the younger Matthews as he pulls up the same chair his brother just occupied. He flips it the same way and sits, smiling up at me as I cross my arms.

"What can I do for you, Cory?"

"What? Can't I come say hello to my best friends awesome older sister without her thinking I want something?"

I give him the same look I gave Eric, my eye brow raising as he sighs.

"Okay...I have a paper due in twenty minutes about the Roman economic system and how it differs from Philadelphia. I figured since you've been there that you could help me?"

"Okay. Here."

I dig into my bag, pulling out my history notes from my time doing mail school. They come in handy with my current classes to I keep them on hand. I pull out two papers with information on both Rome and Philadelphia.

"I want these back, but they should help."

"Thanks! You're the best!"

"I know. Now go."

"Right."

He jumps up, putting the chair back before rushing off. The twins laugh, shaking their heads as they watch him go.

"Just like his brother..."

"Let's hope he's smarter."

"He is." I laugh, eating my last fry as I look between them. "Though not by much from what I've witnessed."

"How much time do you spend with them?"

"Shawn and I eat dinner with the Matthews every now and then, and Cory and Shawn are joint at the hip so it's hard to get away from them."