Njord: Part 3

Hello there.

Miss me? Forgot about me?

All of the above?

Can't say I blame ya. The story was put to the sidelines with how I am entering my final year of my undergraduate.

But fright not!

I will not abandon this piece no matter how busy I am!

Shoutout to the p[ople in my discord for helping me with ideas on what to do for the story as it continued.

Enough talking!

Enjoy the story.

{}

*Crash*

The calm rhythm of the waves filled the air at the beach shore. The used-to-be dark city of Sal Viento was now used to the light of the moon and stars shining down on them directly. The residents even slept a lot later now. Later in their regards but it an achievement. Day after day, the people of the lonely city would slowly come out of their houses when it was dark, something that was thought suicidal by them, and raise their heads to look at what was making the dark a bit bearable for them now.

They were awed when their eyes first laid on a large body of light in the middle of the dark sky. They were so mesmerized at the sight of it they got a bit braver as they would stay up later and later with each passing day.

First, it was a minute or two.

Then it was a few hours.

Now?

They stayed up until it was midnight.

The reason?

They just wanted to look at the heaven above them and marvel at the celestial bodies that lit up the darkness they feared. This was important for one and one thing alone.

The people of this lonely city found something that they lost.

The desire to want something.

They wanted to see the beautiful night sky.

They wanted to see the light above them.

They wanted something.

The people that used to not even had the will to live now had a desire for something.

Looking up to the sky to marvel at the clear night.

Although it was something that was so simple, it was an immense step forward from what they were before this. Dario quickly got accustomed to this sudden change of behaviour of the residents o the city he was in charge of.

His apprentice?

Irene was still trying to wrap her head around how the people of the city changed. She was still not used to seeing people walking about at night as she patrolled the city. Houses that would usually be pitch dark at night were now lit up, helping her illuminate her path.

It was so... different from how it was a few weeks ago. And Irene knew when all of this started.

"Ah!! I'm so sorry, Mister Njord!!"

"It's fine, your foot is not that heavy. I barely felt a thing."

The combination of an amused voice with a distressed one filled the quiet beach of Sal Viento. Turning back her attention to those noises, Irene's eyes watched the girl flusteredly try to correct her foot with the other person, a man, who was making sure the young girl did not fall on the sand by holding on her hands with his own.