Njord: Part 1

Well...

There is not really anything much to say of my first attempt at making a full fanfic about Arknights. Yeah, technically Rhodes Island's Psychologist was the first but I was there more as a fixer than a writer. The story was already there, I was just making sure that it made sense.

Did I smash my head onto my table while I try to make sense of the story?

BUT OF COURSE!!!

Did I almost lose my mind while doing all of that?

BUT OF COURSE!!!

Did I hate the story?

BUT OF CO - Okay maybe not. Lin Ye is like my favourite thing that came out of all of this. You have no idea what I daydream about what his adventure would be after the story. Countless nights I stay awake as my mind makes up adventures of what Lin Ye would do after the story ended.

To put it simply, I am a fanboy of Lin Ye. Sue me!

So this story is a continuation of Rhodes Island's Psychologist (RIP- heh).

Am I competent in writing?

Hah! Nope!

But will I try my best in making a story that I like?

I will try my best!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it like how most people in my discord server seemed to.

Disclaimer: I do not own Arknights and the character. If I did, there will be so much Abyssal content HyperGryph need to change its name to Abyssalknights or something.

The molding houses of the city were a common sight for the locals to see. Some of the planks that made the houses' walls were sticking out from their body. It was so bad that the houses in the city were barely standing up straight. Almost all of the windows in the city were either broken or completely gone from the houses, making the residents have nothing to shield themselves from the cold winds of the sea.

Speaking of the winds, they were as bizarre as the city that they hit. Not even the best methodologist was able to predict what direction it came from oftentimes. North, South, East West? No one knew what direction it would come. But without fail, it will come, reminding that citizen in this ghost town of how cold the place that had the misfortune of calling home was.

The mist that covered the city of Sal Viento was still visible even in the dark of night. It blanketed the ghost city, making it look more haunted than what it already was. If a boat passed the shore of the city, they could barely make out the silhouette of the city. It was worse when you realized that they did not have any lighthouses at their shore.

They had a lighthouse. But it seemed that the sea did not feel fond of the building. Waves hit the lighthouse so hard that it completely broke down, eaten by the very ocean that it was meant to protect people from. What was left of it was half of its upper side that light used to shine for sailors was gone, lost to current. And the remains? What has left collected barnacles as people were too afraid to ever fix it.

These cities were not uncommon in Liberia, most near seashores. Cities that light could barely touch as it was like it was being controlled by something that hated the very idea of being handled by it.

It did not mean these cities were abandoned by all people of the world.

The Inquisition.

They were the de facto governing body of Iberia. The so-called sicker of truth and bearer of light. With their iconic lanterns, they would shine their flames that had an odd colour to them and light up the paths for anyone that was needed.