ᕗchapter 46

chapter 46

"i apologize, but i will be taking my leave early." y/n said, standing up. no one dared to stop her.

a few minutes later, another hashira spoke.

"now that amane-dono and the blood hashira are gone, i'll take my leave." giyuu stated, preparing to leave.

"whoa, hold it. don't leave just yet, man. we oughta make our future plans now, am i right?"

sanemi spoke up, already starting to get pissed. 

"then you six can talk about it. it's got nothing to do with me."

obanai irked a brow, "what do you mean, 'nothing to do with you'? you don't understand your position as a hashira here.

or what? you planning on getting a head start on training without us? you didn't say a thing during the meeting."

giyuu completely ignored him and began walking off.

"ah!"

"hold it, damnit!"

"tomioka-san please just tell us why. you're leaving out a lot of details." shinobu stated,

"....i'm not like you guys." was all the water hashira said.

"wow, you're pissing me off... you said the same thing before, tomioka. are you making fun of us? i sometimes don't consider you as my in-law."

"n-no fighting, you guys! let's be..." mitsuri tries to resolve the situation.

"hold it, fuckward!!" sanemi lunges at giyuu.

"kyaah! no no no!" mitsuri tries to stop him.

before sanemi could pounce on giyuu, everyone in the room felt the immense pressure of a certain someone.

the atmosphere thickened, the shoji doors of the room opened and there stood... her.

"y/n-san..." mitsuri blurts out.

"i recall telling you to not fight, shinazugawa-san?"

she coldly stated, her older brother froze.

no one dared to speak in that moment,

"giyuu-san, i will speak to you later."

formalities. formalities to both.

night time approached quickly

"you sometimes don't consider him as your in-law?" she questioned,

"look-"

"brother, giyuu and i have been together for almost five years and you know how he is."

her older brother didn't respond, instead he walked away. she sighed heavily as she made her way back to her estate.

she saw her husband sitting outside, looking far off into the distance. she silently sat next to him.

"i'm sorry." he apologized,

she looked at him in confusion, "why are you apologizing?"

"i'm not participating in the training."

"is this because...?"

she didn't need to finish her sentence, the water hashira nodded.

she sighed, "it's your decision to make, but i have already told you that you're deserving of that title."

she kissed his cheek and stood up, not saying another word as she began walking inside.

giyuu palmed his cheek, his lips curled up into a small smile. but at the back of his mind, there's still something that's bothering him.