Episode Four: The Bug Lover Pushed to the Edge

(Start on the Isle of Tims. LEO and EMMA are standing in the flower patch feeding drops to the Tims. EMMA looks at the drop in her hand.)

Emma-What are these things that we're feeding the Tims?

(BALAN takes a drop out of his sleeve.)

Balan-They're called teardrop gems, drops for short. They're formed when people both in Wonderworld and the real world experience strong emotions, more specifically, those that induce tears.

Leo-You're telling me we're feeding them solidified human tears? That's metal as hell!

(BALAN takes out three more drops and holds them between his fingers with the fourth one between his index finger and thumb. Each one is a different color.)

Balan-Drops are conveniently color-coded by emotion. Yellow drops, which are the most common, come from happy tears, cyan for sadness, pink for fear, and red for anger.

Emma-People can cry from being angry?

Balan-Any emotion can bring tears if it's strong enough.

(He hands the red drop to EMMA. She looks at it closely. Inside is an image of EMMA sitting in the school hallway crying into her hands. She gasps and hands it back.)

Balan-Sensitive issue? It's okay. I'm not supposed to be reminding you of your problems, anyway. I'm supposed to be leading you towards our next target.

(He points at door number 3, which is decorated with mushrooms and spider webs. They approach the door.)

Leo-Lemme guess, bugs?

Balan-Yes. Bugs. But they're nice bugs. I hope.

(They walk through the door. Opening theme. Cut to a large stone platform covered in moss and surrounded by mushrooms. EMMA, LEO, and BALAN are standing on a circle.)

Emma-Let's get dressed first.

(She summons the changing curtain. EMMA puts on the Jellyjolt costume, and LEO puts on the Jumping Jack costume.)

Emma-I can't wait to see what these do.

(They run forward. They jump on a bouncy mushroom to get to a higher platform.)

Leo-Whoa, cool! We're in Mushroom George!

Emma-Mushroom George?

Leo-Yeah, from Mario Kart Wii. You told me you played Mario casually. I thought you had heard of it.

(They jump to the next platform up. EMMA's costume lets out a blast of electricity.)

Emma-What was that?

Balan-I guess I should tell you that costume's called the Jellyjolt.

Emma-The Jellyjolt. Cool.

(She looks down at the ladybug patterns on the floor.)

Emma-Oh, look. Ladybugs.

Balan-Ladybugs are Yuri's favorite insect, so I scattered some around her world.

(LEO notices a chalkboard with an arrow pointing to the left drawn on it.)

Leo-Really, an arrow? Do you think we're dumb? I know where we need to go.

Balan-That's not there for you. Sometimes people need explicit instructions.

(Three Negati pop up around them. EMMA starts shocking them.)

Leo-What about the person in this world? Do you think she's dumb, too?

Balan-She's not dumb. She's autistic.