Bodyguard Marsh

Depuis le début

The sound of sirens was getting louder.

Nervously, Minji turned around and walked to the bed. She didn't have time to think it over anymore. "Damn that woman! I'm going after her," she pulled her gun from her jacket.

"Minji, no! There's a chance they know about you and we don't know who she's working for! You know it's a bad idea to mess with an unknown enemy. You must suspend the mission, it's too dangerous!"

As much as Minji hated to admit it, Lisa was right. She would risk too much if she stayed in the country or tried to chase after Hanni. That woman wasn't stupid, she was a trained sniper, goddamit!

In a burst of rage, Minji kicked the bed in front of her. How could the Vietnamese ruin her mission once again?!

Suddenly, something dropped on the floor. Minji's eyes fell on the object that was now laying right next to the foot of the bed.

"Minji?" Lisa's voice could be heard from the other side.

Slowly, a small grin appeared on Minji's face as she crouched down to observe the object better. "Forget it, I think I found something way better."

***

Hanni limped forward. The streets were dark and she could barley see the lights from the street lamps. Blood was dripping down from her other knee- maybe climbing out from the window wasn't such a good idea after all. Of course she had crashed the same knee that hadn't even fully healed yet. The night wasn't cold, but the loss of blood made Hanni's body shiver.

Suddenly, a few police cars drove past her, heading in the other direction. Hanni furrowed her brows. Were they on their way to the hotel?

A pain shot through her body as she accidentally stepped on her sore foot. Grimacing, she leaned her hand against a building next to the street. She could not walk to her hotel, it was a 30 minute drive away.

Feeling tired, she started to look for her phone from her purse. It was better to just call a taxi.

Weird enough, the purse felt lighter than usual.

Immediately, Hanni's heart dropped like a rock. Her phone wasn't there. Her eyes widened in pure panic. This...This can't be real! Did I drop it? She threw her head back, looking the way she had come, but she could not see anything on the ground.

Just when she thought the situation couldn't get worse, another, terrifying thought crossed her mind.

There's no way I left it in the hotel room... Hanni gritted her teeth and turned around roughly. She started limping back, as fast as possible. Her phone contained too much information, her company could be at risk. Whoever would find it... No. Hanni shook her head. No one must find it.

Especially that crazy woman.

Hanni was hoping that the phone would be on the way but deep down she knew, the hotel room was the only logical place.

Right after Hanni had got the tapes off, she had sent a warning to her company and expressed her willingness to continue the mission despite the risk. She would have headed back to the party, but the sudden noises behind the door had made her change the plan. She did not realize in her haste that she had dropped her phone.

And now everything was at risk.

Anger flowed in her veins. She had failed and big time. All this trouble just because of that damn woman!

Hanni stopped for a second to catch her breath. The pain was throbbing on her knee, slowly blurring her vision. Her head felt heavy and she shook it, trying to concentrate.