Flowers 💗

╔═ .✾. ═╗

“Genya, would you be a dear and fetch your little sister some Lilies? It's for a project.” Genya's mother called out  handing the other enough coins to buy a flower from the flower shop.

Genya nodded  putting on a warm coat before heading out the door, “I wanna come too!” said Teiko - Genya's little sister. Before Genya could deny, his sister was one step ahead of him. “I should come because it's for my project.”

He sighed, holding his little sister's hand before walking to the store.

The flower shop had just opened not too long ago, a few people run it. Mainly the three sisters and sometimes a few friends when they aren't available.

Genya was never really interested in flowers, let alone their meaning. He never even touched a single gardening tool either, the only flowers he knows about is the rose which meant love.

But that's cliche now, isn't it?

Genya and his younger sister stand infront of the small flower shop in front of them. It was decorated with vibrant colors of, you guessed it - flowers.

Genya cringed as the neon colors shine along with the bright, blinding sun. As they enter, the two were greeted with a flowery scent - as well as their Florist, Kochou Shinobu.

“Genya-san, Teiko-san~! What can I get for you?” Teiko immediately ran up to her  asking what color lilies she recommends.

“White, definitely! Although, orange lilies is now in stock - they're one of my best sellers.” Genya nodded, reassuring Teiko. “We'll take a bouquet for the two.”  Shinobu nodded.

Teiko wandered around the flower shop, staring at the hanging plants from above as Genya patiently waited for his order.

“Shinobu-san?” the bell from the top of the door rings, alerting the two. When the door opened, it revealed a young teen - around Genya's age, holding a potted plant.

“Oh, hi.” he greets, waving after closing the door from behind him. Genya awkwardly waves back, surprised by the unfamiliar face.

“I'm Muichiro, we're in the same math class.” Muichiro introduces himself, putting down the potted plant he was holding on a small table where sunflowers grew.

“We are? I've never seen you before.” Genya replied, scratching the back of his head. “I sit in front of you...?” Genya turned red, not being able to say anything aside from a small sorry.

While Genya was muttering about a random topic about their studies, Muichiro seemed to be lost in thought. Day dreaming as he eyes the beautifully planted sunflowers

“Isn't it cool? We plant these yet they do not bare such fruit.” Muichiro says out of the blue, “Tell me, Shinazugawa-san. Why do we plant these?” he asks, not expecting for an immediate answer.

“Genya-san, Teiko-san! Your order is ready!” Shinobu calls out as Teiko comes running to collect the bouquet. “Ah... Sorry, I'll talk to you at school, yeah?” Muichiro nodded before going back to tending his flowers.

The bouquet was arranged beautifully, the orange lilies slowly transitions to a white lilies - and the bouquet is also decorated with an light orange ribbon.

The two thanks Shinobu before making their way out of the store.

──── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ────

As Genya promised, him and Muichiro met again - and is now closer than ever. They'd mostly go watch the clouds together in their school's garden whilst admiring flowers together. Over the few months left from their school year, the two bonded more and more.

Till one day...

“Muichiro!” Genya yelled, running inside the shop as Muichiro looked at him in confusion. “Could you make me a bouquet that means love at first sight?”

Oh, now that's one way to destroy the feelings Muichiro had been harboring towards the Shinazugawa.

“What happened to Hi or Hello?” Muichiro asked, tilting his head before grabbing a small red ribbon to decorate the bouquet with.

“Hi, Hello, I missed you. Now, how much is the bouquet.” Genya replied, walking up to the table where Muichiro is.

“Don't worry about it, It's on me.” Muichiro replied, humming while putting the red flowers together in a small bouquet.

“Gloxinias?” Genya asked. Genya was never really interested in flowers, let alone their meaning. but ever since he hung out with Muichiro, he started to become more and more interested in the plants with pretty vibrant petals.

He knows the names of specific flowers just by looking at them, he'd often learn about their meanings, and he even joined in their school's gardening club after flowers piqued his interest.

“They're pretty aren't they?” Genya asked, fiddling with the petals of said flower. Not as much as you, was what Muichiro wanted to say.

“Get yourself together, Muichiro. He likes someone else.” he thought to himself. “Yeah, your special someone will definitely love them.” Oh how it hurt to say a simple sentence.

“You think so?” Genya asked, getting a nod as a reply.

─── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ───

“Thought I'd see you here.” Genya hummed, sitting beside Muichiro. “Oh, how did it go?”

“How did what go?” Genya asked, “Did you ask them out?”

Oh, Genya shook his head. “No, not yet.” Muichiro nodded, awkwardly fiddling with his fingers. “then... I wish you luck.”

“Thanks,” he paused, “I'll need it.”

Genya starts reminiscing about the first time he had met Muichiro, It was rushed but he enjoyed every moment. That's when he remembers an unanswered question.

“To see it bloom beautifully — Even if they aren’t what people usually want to see, I myself would want to see it.” Muichiro turns to Genya, raising a brow. “What?”

“You'll remember soon.”

Genya pulled out the bouquet of Gloxinias out of nowhere, handing them to Muichiro.

“Genya?”

Oh, so that's what's going on. He is the special person. “Genya, I-”

“It's totally okay if you don't feel the same way, I just wanted to get it out of my chest.”

“Listen, Muichiro.” a pause, a long and uncomfortable one. “I like you, I love you.” Muichiro didn't seem to budge, his expression stayed a cold blank stare.

“Until when?” He asked, taking Genya aback. “What?” he managed to say.

“Until when?” Muichiro repeated, patiently waiting an answer from the nervous boy. “Do you mean since when or-”

“No,” he paused, “Until when will you love me?” Genya's eyes widened in shock before a smile formed on his lips. It wasn't the one that he uses to scare random people in school, no.

This was genuine.

“Forever. Even in my second life, the one after that life, and every other life.”

♡♡

╚═ .✾. ═╝