Chapter 24 : Embracing a Dear one

Freya walks down the big halls of the Ducal, she couldn't take off the incident that happened just last night.

She thought that Felix might've stayed up late that night because of the things she said to him. It might have struck him real bad.

I don't know where all that came from, I'm sure for me it's not that deep maybe for the real Freya it was. . She thought as she sat on the wooden chair in her Library.

She opens the book. "But, can that really happen? Freya's real feelings can go through me?" She asks herself mid way.

Baffled by the thought she drowns herself in reading since she has nothing else to do but just keep reading all the interesting books she found in every library in the Ducal.

A little while later, Tia who's in a rush came to as to where Freya was. . She looked worried and this made Freya confused.

"Tia, why are you in such a hurry?" Freya asks seeing Tia panting as she catches her breath. .

"We have a big problem milady." She blurted out. . . Something tells me that this isn't good news.

In the Duke's office, Freya stood there waiting for him to say something. . She started to fidget with my fingers due to anxiety.

After a while he took his reading glasses off and looked at Freya, that stare tells me that he isn't pleased.

"Freya." He said breathing out. "Is this the reason why you wanted to break your engagement with the Prince?" He said in a firm voice looking at Freya Directly.

She gulped down before looking directly at the Duke's eyes. "It's not that. I don't know where that news came from, but I can assure you that nothing is going on with me and the Grand Duke."

Battling her feeling of anxiety, she then told herself once again the reason why she was doing all this. 'to survive and be the greatest villainess.'

"How can that word of yours, convince me?" He said squinting his eyes.

Freya thought of it for a second. "You are my Father and I am your Daughter, how can I lie to my Father. If it is such a matter, I would discuss it with you."

Using his palm and fingers, the duke brushed his hair up. Looking convinced as he leaned back on his wooden chair that is insanely cusioned with dark green colored fabric.

"Freya, I don't want you to be a disappointment." He paused and clasped his hands together and laid them on the table as he looked at Freya in the eyes. "To avoid rumors to further spread, you will not be seeing that man again."

Freya's eyes widened before she closed those and gulped down to her throat.

'I guess there's no other way.' Freya with all the reconsideration told the Duke. "Alright, I will Father."

"That's a Yeovil. You are dismissed."

Freya hasn't left the Ducal in days, she stayed in her chamber looking out the big window thinking about all the things she had done.

'I am definitely forgetting about my main goal. . . I don't understand any of the events nor remember any other event that happened in the novel.' She leans unto the wall looking helpless.

'I suck at this. . Who am I kidding, for a girl who's stuck with calm and collected people my whole life how can I ever lay a finger to someone just that.' She sighs in disappointment.

Suddenly the doors of her chamber swung open as Tia enters with a tray of what looks like briskets. Freya was greeted by Freya's sweet bright smile.

"I know that milady is in a tough time, I asked the head chef to make briskets specifically for you milady." This act of kindness made Freya smile, genuinely.

She stood up and went to give the briskets Tia had brought a bite, surprisingly it tasted exquisite.

"Is it to milady's liking?" Tia asked and Freya nodded with a smile.

"Thanks, Tia. You are someone I hold special to me, I don't think I can live without you." Freya said as she caress Tia's hand.

Tia touched by her lady's word, tear up. "Milady don't be like that! I'm sure you'll be fine with or without me, you are the most strong ang beautiful lady I've ever met I'd hate to leave you." Her lips slightly trembles as the corner of her eyes dampens.

"Why are you crying?" Tia then tries to stop her tears from falling but fails. "Tia. . . Don't cry, why are you crying? It's not like we're getting separated." Freya assured as she embraces Tia.

"Forgive me, milady. I couldn't stop myself from being emotional all of a sudden." She sniffs as she smiles at Freya after the hug.

"Let's share this briskets." Freya stated.

"Milady they are made especially for you." This made Freya pout.

"Don't tell me you're just going to watch me eat, aren't you?" Tia was silent, Freya picked up a brisket and held ot infront of Tia's mouth as if feeding her.

Tia's eyes widened but, after working with Freya for a while she tends to get her traits more often now. Milady is a sweet person, all I wish for her to have a happiness and all the good things. . .

Even after doing all those risky moves, Tia ought to never leave Freya's side no matter what happens.

"My arm's going to break if you don't bite it Tia." Freya said now supporting her arm, just then, Tia took a bite of the Brisket. "It's really yummy, right?"

Tia smiles. "It is Milady, it is. ."

She had always looked at Freya as a shining star, so bright. . I'll be doing the best I can to serve you milady, even among the brightest stars to me. . . your smile is the brightest of them all.

"Tia eat some more! You haven't finished even one, here get more!" Freya said pushing the briskets near Tia as she also eats some.

Then the two of them then happily shared the briskets together.