[01] Zion

You nudged her, unsheathing your sword when you felt the space station quake.
"Looks like we came at a bad time, dear." Kafka noted. She stopped playing her imaginary violin and shot you a "what was that for?" look. You opened your mouth before being pleasantly interrupted by a familiar voice.

"No no — I think you couldn't have timed it better." A monitor appears out of nowhere, your eyes twitched from the sudden bright light. "23:47:15 system time. Very punctual, both of you."

"Elio always tells me the exact future." Kafka said in a somewhat amused tone, looking over, expecting you to continue.

I raised an eyebrow at her, my expression the opposite of hers. "So what was that explosion just now? Was that part of Elio's script?"

"Uh-huh — 23:44:59 system time: The pulses from the explosion cause a massive breakdown from the master control system."

"You did that?" Kafka added.

"I don't think Silver Wolf did that, most likely the Antimatter Legion."

"Y/N is correct, the Antimatter Legion did it. They completely invaded the space station two system hours ago." Silver Wolf continued.

Kafka whistled, her smirk more curled up than usual and her tone conveyed more excitement. "Alright, so do we need to fight the Legion?"

"Kafka, if Elio didn't say anything about it then it shouldn't matter." I put a hand on her shoulder, her gaze now averting to me. "I know exactly what you're thinking, Y/N, go ahead." I smirked after she finished that sentence.

"From now on, I'll be in charge of this operation." Kafka said with a nod.

"Copy. Can you let me have some fun this time? Our last few operations turned out to be pretty dull." You could tell that Silver Wolf was already bored, you sighed knowing she'll probably ask you to play games with her after the mission.

"...Sorry, I'm afraid there's not much I can do for you — our task this time is to just place the target properly." Kafka looked towards you whose sword was still unsheathed, giving you a nod before returning her attention back to Silver Wolf. "But if you wanna go look for some fun yourself, I won't stop you. I mean, after all.."

Both you and Kafka walked towards the automatic door to where the Legion was camping. "After all, Elio didn't put it in the script." Kafka jabbered. "Why would it matter?" She took out her guns and shot the Legion, you followed suit and engaged in battle alongside her.

"These levels of Voidrangers won't be satisfying Silver Wolf any time soon." I observed, slashing the Reaver, their movements were slow and unfocused. Kafka hummed in response and shot the Antibaryon after me. I kicked the Reaver down when it dashed towards Kafka, impaling my sword through its body, making sure it's dead before taking it out.

"You barely let me get any hits in, I was just about to shoot that one, worried about me?" Kafka teased you, her tone with an underlying hint of adoration.

I grumbled. "As if." I wiped my blade, and checked for damage. "When did the Antimatter Legion become so weak, Silver Wolf?" As you finished the sentence, Kafka opened the door to the corridor, both of you sprinted to the next room.

"I could only attract this much, did you really want the entire Legion to come here?" You could feel Silver Wolf rolling her eyes when she said that.

"They're not going to be slowing down the Astral Express any time soon, you know?" Sighing in defeat, I sheathed my sword.

"Still fixated on the Express, Y/N?" Kafka shot you a curious glare, knowing your history with the Astral Express.

"Relax, Y/N. You won't be meeting them too soon. A Doomsday beast is also here." Silver Wolf said.