Night 2: Tarr Trouble

The air was thick with the fragrance of phosphor blossoms as you ventured into the heart of your ranch at midnight. The slime-faced moon hung high in the sky, casting an ethereal glow over everything it touched. The stillness of the night was both calming and eerie, an ever-present reminder that you were the sole caretaker of this remote outpost on the Far Far Range.

Tonight, you decided to walk around your ranch, embracing the serenity and relishing the solitude. Your footsteps were muffled by the lush grass underfoot as you walked past the corrals, each housing your now very own unique collection of slimes and largos. From the pink rock slimes to the tabby phosphor slimes, It all really was something you could be proud of now, something you could really call all your own.

As you strolled along, you noticed something peculiar out of the corner of your eye. A flicker of movement near the edge of the overgrowth. You froze, squinting into the darkness, heart pounding against your ribcage. You reached for the nozzle on your VacPack, ready to defend yourself against any possible threat.

Y/N: Who's there?!

There was no response, but the rustling continued to grow louder and more insistent. Something was definitely moving out there.

Taking a cautious step forward, you aimed your VacPack toward the source of the noise. Suddenly, the moonlight illuminated a group of slimy figures emerging from the underbrush. Their twisted and misshapen forms were unlike any slimes you had ever seen before. These were Tarrs, vicious amalgamations of different slime types oozing with malevolent intent. Your heart raced as you took a step back, eyes widening in terror.

 Your heart raced as you took a step back, eyes widening in terror

Y/N: Holy shit, what the fuck are those!?

The Tarrs moved closer, their glistening bodies undulating in a grotesque dance. Their eerie gurgling seemed to mock your fear, and a sickening realization dawned upon you. They were here to eat your precious slimes or, even worse...eat you.

Y/N: Stay Back!

Your voice was shaking, and you instantly fired your VacPack at the nearest Tarr, hoping to push it away, but it was too fast. It lunged at you, gnashing its slimy teeth, and you barely managed to dodge its attack. Panicking, you backed away, stumbling over a protruding root and falling onto the grass. The Tarrs were closing in, their maws opening wide, ready to devour everything in their path.

Y/N: Don't you dare touch them, you disgusting bastards!

Your heart pounded in your chest as you scrambled to your feet, adrenaline coursing through your veins. You sprinted towards your largo slime corral, hoping to barricade the Tarrs away from your beloved slimes. But they were relentless, pursuing you with unnatural speed. One of them lunged at you again, and this time, you felt its gooey touch as it brushed against your ankle. A shiver ran down your spine at the cold, slimy sensation.

"I won't let you hurt them!" you shouted, your voice cracking with a mix of fear and determination. You reached the corral and slammed the gate shut just as a Tarr crashed into it, leaving a slimy smear across the holo gate.

Panting heavily, you watched as the Tarrs slinked around the corral, their hungry eyes fixed on the slimes inside. Your mind raced, searching for a way to save your ranch from this nightmarish invasion.

Y/N: I gotta find a way to get rid of these things...but what?

As you pondered your options, a distant memory surfaced, one of Beatrix mentioning that water could dissolve Tarrs. With renewed hope, you dashed towards the nearby pond, your VacPack charged and ready.

The Tarrs pursued you, their presence casting an oppressive shadow over the moonlit night. You reached the pond and sucked up a load of water, spinning around to face the advancing Tarrs. The cool droplets sparkled in the moonlight as you unleashed a torrent of water from your VacPack. The water hit the Tarrs, causing them to sizzle and writhe in agony. They screeched and hissed, retreating from the onslaught of liquid. Encouraged by their reaction, you kept spraying, driving them back further and further.

Y/N: Stay the hell away from my ranch!

The Tarrs, weakened by the water, eventually retreated into the darkness from whence they came, their gurgles fading into the night. You watched them disappear, your chest heaving as you finally allowed yourself to relax. With the threat gone, you focused on the slimes inside the corral. They were agitated and frightened, their large eyes reflecting a mix of confusion and relief.

Y/N: It's ok, guys. You're all safe now. I promise

As you softly spoke, the slimes seemed to recognize your voice, their agitation slowly subsiding. You smiled through the weariness, relieved that you had managed to protect your ranch and your beloved slimes from the Tarr invasion.

The night was far from over, but as you gazed up at the moon in the sky, you knew you were not alone. You were the guardian of this peculiar land, facing its challenges head-on and nurturing its unique inhabitants. You returned to your ranch with a determined spirit, ready to face whatever challenges the morning light might bring. The Tarrs had been a terrifying ordeal, but they had also reinforced the bond you shared with your slimes, a bond that no amount of slime-hungry monsters could break.