20) romeo, oh romeo, get out of my face

''cause i hear he's got his arm 'round a brand-new girl. i've been pickin' up my heart, he's been pickin' up her. and i never got past what you put me through. but it's wonderful to see that it never phased you.' - taylor swift

ARABELLA'S POV;

the sight of the sun peeking through the window was enough to make me groan. i swear that i'm still hungover from the night of my birthday that was three days ago.

i'm finally back in monaco, which is my favorite place in the world.

i eventually end up getting up and walking downstairs. as i'm at the stairs, i can see lando and some girl sat on the couch in the living room.

"belle!" i can hear lando call and i literally want to die.

"hey." i put on a fake smile as i enter the living room and sit on the couch.

"who are you?" the girl asks, even though lando literally said my name not even a minute ago.

"i'm arabella." i slightly nod and the fake smile is still on my face.

"do you have a last name?" she asks in the bitchiest voice i've ever heard.

"grace. arabella grace." i want to die. right now. or else for the couch to eat me whole.

"oh, you're the arabella grace." she says in a fake gasp and then laughs in a judge way, "let's just say, you look a lot better with your race helmet on because it covers your face." she laughs and so does lando. then she adds something else, "now i can see why christian paid lando to take you out." as soon as she says it, my expression drops.

i look at lando and he's biting on the inside of his cheek. "i think it's best if we go now." he says to the girl and they both get up. "tell everyone else that i'll be back in a few hours." he walks toward the door.

"lando wait." i say getting up and he turns around to face me. "what?" he asks and i watch the girl walk outside from over his shoulder.

"you're leaving?" i ask.

"you don't want me to leave?" he asks, his arms crossed.

"not like this." i state and my voice is quiet. like i'm ashamed to admit it.

"well, things don't always work out the way we'd like them too, now do they belle?" with that, he leaves and it's exactly what i said to him the night of my party.

the door shuts and i let out a loud groan, covering my face with my hands.

i couldn't describe my anger. i wanted to hit that girl in the face making fun of me, and o wanted to hit lando for letting her say that.

"are you okay belle?" i can hear charles' tired voice from behind me and my phone pings.

"ughhhh!" i yell and storm back to my bedroom.

a few hours later, lando finally comes back and i run downstairs as soon as i hear the door open.

"where's your girlfriend?" i ask him and he rolls his eyes. "she's coming in." he says and i rush to the door.

i rush over to the door and when i see her on the porch, i cross my arms.

"can you move so i can get in?" she says but i ignore her.

"you must be loving this, huh?" i say, and now her hands are on her hips, "being here with lando must be a dream." i add.

"can't complain." she gives me a bitchy smile and the thought of slapping her seems so amusing.

"that's the difference between you and me, our dreams. you see, i dreamed of pulling myself up from nothing, and i did. i dreamed about the things i wanted and i got them all: a high powered career, fame, an extravagant house. so, this is just a blip in the radar for me, because now, i know what i'm capable of and if i did it once, i can do it again." if you can't tell already i'm speaking about me possibly getting back with lando, "i'm never really down. even when it looks like i am. so, enjoy this moment, enjoy your dream, because for you, it doesn't get any better then this." i add and i can see her expression drop. "i think it's best if you don't come back here anymore." i day and shut the door in her face.

skipping a few weeks x

i'm sat on the couch in the living room and lando walks in, sitting beside me. "hey belle." he says.

"what do you think you're doing?" i ask, my eyes on my phone.

"what, can i not speak to girls now?" he asks. i'd gotten into an argument with him when he brought over that girl and i haven't spoke. to him since.

"well, then you might want to try speaking to your new girlfriend, because i'm not going to speak to you!" i say and then make a confused expression, putting down my phone but my are eyes fixed on my nails, "where even is she?"

"it's best i don't see her anymore." he says and i shrug.

"i'm still mad at you for something else." i hadn't brought up the payment thing in a while, so i decided to now.

he sighs, "how many times have i got to say i'm sorry?"

"obviously a few more!"

"look, i'm not proud of what i did," he says, "i admit, the paying thing was way out of line!" he notices i'm still looking at my nails as he says it and he looks at me, "i always thought you were the most beautiful girl i've ever seen." he says and i almost have a heart attack.

what do you say when the boy you're in love with but broke your heart multiple times calls you pretty?

exactly.

you pivot.

"hm." i hum, completely hearing what he had just said, but deciding to make it seem like i don't care.

he huffs and then gets up. i can't help but feel somewhat ashamed of myself. it probably took a bunch of courage to say it, but i'd just embarrassed him.

MY NOTE !!!!!!!

this chapter is mad short
but the next chap is real good
🥰🥰🕺🕺

— FROM JANA XOXOOX