9) us

'my girl liddy used to always smoke cigarettes when she couldn't sleep. i wonder what she did when she got done. i guess she'd just flick them out in the street.' - tv girl

ARABELLA'S POV;

that night was strange. lando and i were stealing glances at eachother but we didn't even speak. dad kept messaging me about my DNF and saying how much of a disappointment i was. i ended up having an arguement with him on the phone and all the boys heard he yelling at him, so now i'm on one of my cigarette walks.

i'm sat on the curb in front of the gas station with that cigarette sat comfortably in my fingers. i have my headphones in and dealer by lana del rey is blasting in my ears.

i gaze down at my phone, my tired eyes landing on the clock displaying 6:27 am. the sun had not yet risen in the sky, and i couldn't believe i had been out here for a grueling three hours already. just as the fatigue was about to completely consume me, a familiar voice breaks through the silence, instantly recognizing it as lando's. "hey." he says.

"hi." i remove the headphones from my ears and look over at him.

"you should really stop that." he says, looking at my cigarette that's nearly finished. "how many packets have you had since you came out here?" he asks again.

"this is my second." i look down at the box that has two cigarettes left.

"that shit destroys your lungs, you know." what a stupid statement. "no i didn't know that." i reply sarcastically.

he takes the cigarette from my fingers and puts it out on the side of the curb. "you're buying me another pack."

"you won't be getting anymore because it's fucking dangerous." he says before standing up and reaches out his hand.

i grab it and he pulls we up. "wanna go for a drive?" he asks.

"i'm driving." we both run back to the house and get into my car, lando in the passenger seat and me in the driver's seat.

he plugs his phone into the AUX and starts playing sign of the times by harry styles. i look at him with a smile on my face, "i love harry styles."

"mhm?" he hums, looking over at me. "i said i love harry styles." i laugh, "you have a  good taste in music." i add.

"oscar recommended it." he nods proudly. i'd begged oscar to start listening to harry styles and i never knew he actually did.

we can meet again somewhere. somewhere far away from here.

"okay, now enough with the depressing music." i grab his phone and start playing ceilings by lizzo mcalpine.

i drive for another while and park in front of the beach and the sun is just about to rise. "the sunrise is really beautiful, don't you th-" i say and look over at him but his gaze is on me.

he has a smile on his face and i roll my eyes, "quit looking at me or you'll miss the sunrise."

he gently brushes the stray strand of hair that has fallen across my face, tucking it behind my ear carefully. i can't help but feel a smile tug at the corners of my lips as his touch sends a tingle through me. slowly, he tilts his head, his face drawing nearer to mine. with each passing moment, i can feel his warm breath caressing my skin, heightening the tension between us.