16) aftermath

'boys only want love if it's torcher.'  - taylor swift

ARABELLA'S POV;

i feel like shit. the thought that it was all a sick plan was taking over me. i feel so stupid. i should've known that it was all a lie. i'm laying on my bed, still in my dress and my hair is still perfect, but my makeup is ruined.

"belle?" i can hear charles say as he knocks at my bedroom door. he opens the door, walking in and shutting it behind him. when he sees my tear stained face he frowns.

i feel myself start to cry again and charles sits beside me on my bed, pulling me into a hug. "did you see what happened?" i ask him, my voice hoarse and raspy.

my heart's aching. why did i ever trust lando? he was my enemy for a reason. why would he say that he loved me and then do that to me? how could christian to that to me?

"everyone did." he mumbles. like that's going to make anything better. thanks so much for saying that charles!!!

i groan and it turns into even more tears. "why me?" i say, "i just thought that it was some thing for us to get to know each other better. now i know why you said that of course he wouldn't want for us to stop getting to know each other better—"

as soon as i say it, it hits me. i pull away from the hug and stand up. "did you know?" i ask him and the guilt on his face is as noticeable as the nose on his face.

"belle, i—" he says.

"why didn't you tell me!?" my voice raises and it's the first time it ever has during a conversation with charles.

"it wasn't my place to tell you!" his voice raises too.

the betrayal is unbearable. why didn't he tell me? if he'd told me then i wouldn't have been so upset. my night was ruined. my favorite night of the year got ruined.

"and what!? it was your place to know about the whole thing too?!" i practically yell in a frustrated voice. "get out." i say.

"belle—" his says quietly.

"get out!" i yell, pointing at the door.

"belle, what's going on with you?" charles asks in a quiet voice, walking over toward me.

"i said get out! charles!" it's obvious by my voice that i'm about to cry. he leaves the room, slamming the door shut and a pit grows in my stomach.

i'd never fought with charles before. not even a disagreement. it stung. badly. i never thought i ever would fight with charles. but all because of lando, charles and i had a fallout. our first ever fallout.

CHARLES

arabella
did anyone else know about it

charles
everyone other than u and max

arabella
did any of u tell him to tell me or were
u all too selfish too ????

charles
oscar wanted him to tell u
and he was begging for him to tell u
seen just now

"belle, i'm so sorry, i tried to tell him." oscar says, walking into my room and he's now sitting beside me.