iii. stupidity at its finest

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

YOU BELONG WITH ME::  iii

YOU BELONG WITH ME
::  iii. | stupidity at its finest

Rebecca was just walking into her house after the long day at the skatepark. She heard tons of screaming coming from the kitchen. She closed the front door so quickly and ran to the kitchen, finding her dad getting all up in her mom's face.

The young teen ran in between her parents, arms extended out to stop whatever was going to happen next.

"What is going on?" Her tone was stern.

Her dad pointed his index finger, "You said you're moving in, so why the hell is your mother saying something different?"

"She's not moving in, Eddie." Mary spoke sternly towards her ex husband.

"And that's not your decision to make!" His voice raised as his finger pointed once again.

Rebecca matched her dad, "You're right, it's not her's!" Her tone softened towards the end, "It's mine and I'm not moving in anymore." She then continued, "And before you accuse her of putting lies in my head about you, I already have my assumptions."

Eddie's arms crossed over his chest, "And what are those?"

She walked a little closer to her dad as she whispered, "Did you use to hit mom?"

His eyes got so soft, his cheeks practically falling down. He couldn't believe of what he was being accused of by his own kid. He shook his head, "I would never do that."

Mary scoffed, "Oh, so we're lying now? I still have the scars to prove it. Why do you think I left him, rebecca? To protect you —— protect us."