PROLOGUE

SARISHA

The body fell over my head in front of my feet, the face resting on the hard concrete, as the blood pooled around her face.

The world stopped right then and there for me. As I witnessed my sister's face in the pool of blood, her white dress stained with her misery.

Her eyes were wide open, but the life she thrived with was no longer there in those beautiful black orbs, it was empty.

I could hear the people rustling, and the sound around me, but all the voices fell behind me as secondary, distant, all I saw and hear was her beautiful laughter, her words, and her joyful smile that she passed around right before my eyes, but when the reality hit me as my mother rushed towards me, and witnessed my dead sister on the ground.

I sat down on the floor, tears streaming down my eyes but the ability to cry with expression had drifted apart.

Her beautiful face, was all red now, right in front of me, I slide towards her, shaking my head.

"Shrushti! Are you okay?" I said, taking her bloody face in my lap, I know she is just hurt, I shook my head,
"Shrushti! Wake up, please!!" I yelled at her this time, and slowly the pain in my chest started to expand, it felt like my heart will bust open.

I shook my head, "Shrushti! Please! It's not funny!" I again asked her, but her open eyes, lifeless before me were telling me the tale.

My dad pulled me back, my head raised to meet him, "Dad! She is just messing with me! It's just another game of hers!" I shook my head, but he sat down behind me and hugged me from back.

No! She will... "Ambulance, doctor!" I yelled, finally getting hold of the situation, I got on my feet, fumbling, my legs were shivering, but I turned to find a wise face, and then it caught the guy she was supposed to marry today.

VIDYUT

I looked outside the window of the room, looking at the extravagant decorations.

I am supposed to be married in 1 hour.

I was all set with my suit, and clothes, waiting to be called out for doing the ceremony, but a flash of body passed from the top of the window and disappeared within seconds.

My hands clutched tightly, for a brief second convincing myself it was a delusion, but the thud it was followed by broke the illusion.

I turned around storming outside on my feet, passing by the six flights of stairs, and finally entering the entrance of the Haveli, decorated, all bright with lights and flowers.

But the smell of blood, covered my nose as I stepped forward, my steps faltering forward as I saw Shrushti, the girl I was supposed to marry in the lap of her sister.

Both of them were covered in blood, her sister, hugging Shrushti's face.
But my hands immediately ran into my pocket.

I dialled the number, bringing the phone to my ear, calling the ambulance urgently. There weren't many people at the door, only some servants, some decorators and her family. The party was on the back lawn, so guests are unaware.

Her sister panicked, telling her dad, that her sister is playing a game, her lifeless body in her lap, while she refused to accept the decision of her sister.

Her sister immediately stood, saying the words ambulance, as her face turned towards me, glaring into mine with utter hatred and disgust followed by her grief, investigating my soul.

"She chose to kill herself, rather than marry you!" Her sister's words rang loud and clear in the open area of the haveli's open entrance.

My first turning in a clutch,