chapter thirty-eight

Start from the beginning

I called Daniel back so I could search this whole forest, I will leave no stone unturned to find her.

I run through the forest, calling out her name, I know she's somewhere here. And I won't give up until I have my princess in my arms again.

Trails of blood are on the the rocks, as if someone sat here and took a rest. And it's not Aia. She never rests until she grasps what she is searching for. It has to be that fool after her.

Go in that direction I think he went there. It was getting dark, the green trees had turned black and I could barely see.

I can't run anymore, I used all the energy from the food I ate five days ago

I can't run anymore, I used all the energy from the food I ate five days ago. I can't anymore.

My feet hurt from all the thorns and stones stuck inside them, I'm out of breath and I have double vision because of my lack of energy. "Go," I rasp, coughing. "Don't look back." Kim looks back at me, her beautiful green eyes looking like a pool. "I can't leave you." She jogs back so she's helping me up. "I said go, Kim." I grit, placing my hands on my knees.

"I'll be fine, but you need to get out of here." She farrows her brows and opens her mouth to speak but I push her foreword a little, urging her to go.

She runs, looking back at me and tears in her eyes. I mouth the word "go" to her and he looks forward, running faster than ever, and in a few seconds, she is out of my view. I kept my end of the bargain to her, whatever that happens to me after this, I'll accept.

-flashback-

"When exactly did you get here?" Kim and I were supposed to be asleep but we found an old book and a working pen so we were playing x and o.

"Ten years ago." She said, drawing an x in the box. "But how?" I drew an o.

"You see," She pressed her lips together. "I lived with my mom and brother but we weren't financially stable. Not at all. We didn't have a penny. So this beautiful woman offered to buy my newly born brother from my mother for a large amount of money." She looked at me to see if I had an ounce of judgment in my eyes. She found none.

"Long story short, my mom said yes and got paid millions. We were good after that, but she changed, she was missing my brother more and more every day, and it broke her. She still tried to make me feel loved but it was prominent that she regretted her choice. She was willing to die in poverty, as long as the woman gave us our little boy back. We didn't. I grew up, the money finished and we were back in stage one. This time I sacrificed myself. I became a stripper to pay off the house bills and take care of my family. It wasn't enough to buy us food and pay household expenses... so I... I became a prostitute."

My mind had a little flashback to the green-eyed girl back in high school. She also did the same thing to take care of her family.

"Got a lot of hate when people found out. They started making fun of me and asked me to book appointments for their grandfathers and other older family members. It was embarrassing."