He backed me up one small step into the counter again, my food and everything else completely forgotten when I had him right here. I didn't fully understand what was happening or what anything meant anymore, but I was glad to be on this rollercoaster, because the butterflies in my stomach were something I'd never experienced before. And I loved it.

I let myself go slightly, wrapping my hand around his throat and smirking into the kiss when he gulped under my touch. He kissed me so hard I almost had to bend backward, before I felt his hands at the back of my thighs lifting me up. I let him place me on the counter, shoving away my plate, and wrapped my legs around him like I presumed he wanted from that little action. Kneading at my thighs and barely letting me up for air, he started to suffocate me. Everything around me seemed so minuscule compared to what was going on. It felt like my entire world had centred on him, on his lips, on his hands. I was completely lost and based on the way he refused to let me breathe for even a second, so was he.

Considering breaking away and dragging him upstairs to his room, I fisted the side of his shirt, tugging. I wanted it off and it wasn't like I was about to undress him in the kitchen with everyone home.

Although...

"Colby, I need you, brother."

Sam's voice was enough to sober Colby up. He pulled back with an intense look in his eye, clouded by an element of concern for Sam's request. He turned his head toward the hall, almost seeming conflicted.

I rolled my eyes and twisted his head back to me. "Go on, piss off," I muttered, pressing a kiss to his lips. If I wasn't crazy, he smiled a bit before zipping away from me.

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

"Are we in the clear?" Mike shifted his gaze between everyone slowly, his eyes catching every single face until he reached mine, where he lingered for a second longer. I glowered as I crossed my arms, and felt Colby snicker for a moment. "Amira?" Mike asked.

I sighed. "I already told you ten times I'm going to listen! How many braincells do you think I have?"

"Sam, how many braincells does a dog have?"

I elbowed Colby without bothering to respond to him, taking a step toward Mike as I said, in a serious tone, "I promise you, I'm not gonna go off and do my own thing. You can trust me."

"Alright," Mike agreed quietly, nodding.

As everyone started heading toward the door to get ready to leave, I singled out Katrina, pulling her aside even though I knew all the vampires would be able to hear what I said anyway. She looked a little confused as she willingly followed me.

"Just so we're clear," I said, "even if I knock him out, that kill is yours. He's done you wrong the most, you deserve to be able to end it."

She smiled. "That's okay, Amira, I don't hate him as much as I should. If it weren't for him, maybe I wouldn't have joined this group."

"Yeah, but-"

"Hey, I'm not saying I don't want him dead, I'm just saying I don't have to be the one to do it. It matters more that he does die, so if you have that chance, don't waste it just because you think I should be in your place." She placed a hand on my shoulder and squeezed. "You know, you have quite the temper, but you're sweet when you want to be."

"I'm sweet all the time," I countered with my arms crossed, and she laughed before nodding toward the rest of the group. I walked over to them with her, hesitating at the edge wondering who would be carrying me, since I unfortunately didn't have super speed like the rest of them.