14 - Bhutan

"Follow me." Bunty said as we walked through the village. She took my hand and made a sharp turn, jolting me in her direction. I looked at her, confused, before she pointed up. I looked up and saw Newt walking up the street, towards where the Ceremony would take place.

"Where do we go now?" I whispered, so no one but Bunty could hear me. Bunty walked towards Newt, trying not to behave conspicuously. I followed her, not sure of what else to do.

"We have to get up to the Ceremony with Newt." She explained quietly as we followed Newt, with me trying to avoid bump into people.

Disaster struck when Newt was met with Dark Aurors, who drew out their wands at once and pointed them and Newt. I drew my wand too, but quickly remembered myself and put my wand away. I smiled a little when Jacob appeared behind the Dark Aurors. He looked confused for a second before realising Newt was in danger.

"Hey, fellas!" He said brightly, before hitting the Dark Aurors with his case. I bit back a laugh. That was so very Jacob! The smile soon disappeared as the Dark Aurors began chasing Jacob.

"Ooh, he's angry..." I overheard him say as he outran them.

"Come on." Bunty whispered to me as Newt headed off again.

We soon made it to the portal that led to the ceremony venue. Newt walked through it first, with Bunty and I following close behind.

On the other side of the portal, Bunty and I watched as Newt was approached by someone. I put my hand in my wand pocket, ready to attack if needed.

"Mr. Scamander." The woman said, smiling. "We've never been properly introduced." She held out a hand, but soon withdrew it when noticing Newt wasn't accepting it. "Henrietta Fischer. Herr Vogel's attaché."

"Ah, yes- Hello." Newt said, obviously feeling a little awkward.

"I can take you up." Fischer said suddenly, looking up at the hundreds of steps that stretched up towards the top where the ceremony was taking place. "There's a private entrance for members of the High Council. If you just follow me."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Something didn't seem right here...

Newt also eyed Fischer, suspicious. "I'm sorry, why would you do that?" He asked. "Take me up?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Fischer said. Hmm. I still didn't trust her...

"No. Quite frankly, it's not." Newt said, well, frankly. I smiled. A good thing Newt knew she was acting funny.

Fischer bent closer. "Dumbledore sent me." My eyes widened. Dumbledore didn't mention anything about this woman! "I know what you have in the case, Mr. Scamander." Oh, no. This woman definitely wasn't anyone Dumbledore sent, this was one of Grindelwald's followers! Newt was in danger! I drew my wand at once, and this time, I didn't put it away after realising what I was doing.

"Lia, no... Not now. Not here." Bunty whispered. I reluctantly put my wand away, but took it straight back out when Fischer started trying to snatch Newt's case away from him. Newt and Fischer both held firmly onto the case, both fighting for possession of it.

I almost shouted out when another of Grindelwald's followers, Zabini, hit Newt with a spell, ultimately making him pass out. I ran over to him, trying to avoid the huge crowd of followers. 

I snapped my fingers, unafraid of any other consequences. "Newt. Newt. Newt, please wake up. Please wake up, Newt."

Bunty rushed over to me. "Lia, snap your fingers right now. I'll sort Newt out." I nodded and snapped my fingers again. "Newt." Bunty checked for a pulse. Newt stirred, and Bunty jumped up again. "Come on. Follow me. All we can do now is get up to the ceremony. Follow me."