2 - Home again

I trudged through the murky rain pouring down on the Forbidden Forest. I wasn't the most prepared in terms of clothing, but I'm sure the professors could help me. 

I whipped my head around in fear as I heard a snap of a twig. Was that a fellow witch or wizard, or was that a creature? My fear was replaced by amazement as I saw no one other than Ellen walking through the Forest. What was she doing out of the castle in the middle of the night, I wonder? I screeched like a bird, causing Ellen to give a small scream.

"Wait... who's there? Lumos!" I smiled as Ellen's wand lit up. Ellen just stared in amazement. "Please tell me I'm not dreaming. I must be. Is that..."

"None other than Lia Scamander..." I breathed, out of breath. A good thing Ellen noticed me, too, as I felt myself collapse from tiredness. Ellen caught me, still in clear shock.

"But... you died!" She said, frowning. "You... died that night in Paris... Dumbledore told us! I must be hallucinating!" I smiled weakly at her, feeling my eyes close.

"You're certain it's Lia?"
"Are you joking, of course it's her! Look at the girl! Spitting image of her!"
"Whatever shall we tell Mr. Scamander?"

I woke up to a hushed conversation between two people. I opened my eyes, and got hit by a blinding light. I adjusted myself to the light of the room and tried to sit up. I felt a hand on my shoulder push me back onto... a bed.

"Lia, you need rest." I recognised the voice immediately.

"Professor Dumbledore?" I looked up to see not only the professor but also Professor Dippet.

"Lia Scamander, get some more sleep." Professor Dippet said after noticing my state of being awake.

"But..." I didn't want to go back to sleep! I wanted to see Ellen, to see... Edwin. I wanted to see Edwin again.

"Lia, sleep." Professor Dumbledore said, cutting me from my thoughts. I reluctantly obeyed, and immediately upon hitting my head softly on the pillow, I felt my eyes comfortably close once again.

I woke up... I don't know how much longer. I was alone, so it must have been quite a while that I was asleep. One thing noted, I definitely wasn't tired anymore. I slowly got out of bed, cautious that anyone could come through the doors of the Hospital Wing at any moment in time, and looked around. I remembered visiting Edwin in here when he broke his arm playing Quidditch. My thoughts turned immediately back to Edwin. What would he think? Presumably Ellen told him everything. I wondered whether he had changed much in the time I was away. I had grown closer to him in the time I was away, I spent lots of my time in that cell thinking about how he would've coped with me 'dying'. I didn't know what he was like now, but surely he would still love me?

I snapped out of my thought as I heard the Hospital Wing open. I was facing away from the doors, but I knew who it was when he started speaking.

"You're... I don't... What they were saying... was true." That voice only belonged to one person. I turned around to see Edwin, who just stared at me, taking my presence in.

"Edwin." I said, happier than I'd ever been.

"I'm not hallucinating, then." He said, trying to smile. "It's really... You're alive. You're actually here." He walked closer to me and gave me a hug. One of those hugs that I remembered from so long ago. It felt so good to feel his touch. It wasn't a dream. I had actually escaped my father's prison-like castle.

We were interrupted by Professor Dumbledore entering the room. We broke away from our hug at once, and Edwin looked down, like he was guilty. Professor Dumbledore smiled at me, then looked at Edwin.