Another Morning

Monday, September 10th of 2024

6:47AM

I manage to wake up some minutes earlier before the alarm goes off. Looking over to my half open curtains, the sky still somewhat dark.

As i finish rubbing my eyes i move my way out of bed lazily, standing up and heading to the kitchen to eat breakfast.

"Ah i guess dads at work early again." i inspect the lonely kitchen as i'm taking out the box of cereal and milk out the fridge, serving myself.

"Why am i so tired?" i mumble to myself, all alone as i proceed to shake my head, waking myself up.

"The sun is starting to rise, i better hurry" i run upstairs to my bedroom and change into a new outfit after i brushed my teeth.

I put on a pair of shoes and a jacket and close the door as i leave to school, taking a different path this time.

"Taking this path seems better today, don't wanna show up all tired infront of Haerin and Danielle."

The last yawn exits my mouth, creating a small fog of cold air

"A new back i see."

As i spark out of curiousity, i lightly sprint towards the unfamiliar person, perhaps it was just a student with a new haircut.

"Oh a new face!" i smile to myself as i walk in sync next to the girl.

I take a moment to look at the sky, noticing her doing the same. The sky was clearing up minute by minute, it's quite chilly every morning, but the sun comes around quickly.

"I should say something, she might think i'm weird."

"What a long route we took to school today, huh?" i ask as i put my hands in my pockets, enjoying the light morning wind.

I could tell she flinched slightly, oops.

"Ye-yeah.." she replied to my sudden question as i heard her sniffle, normal with this weather.

I decide to go inside the school with her, just to make sure she doesn't get lost or anything, my memory is good enough to recognize a face i havent seen before, so i'm confident about her being a new one.